Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Rubber Latch Rebuild Kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
The C clip is too thick for the groove on the post and the wave washer is too small to fit on the post. Possibly the wave washer should be on the 6mm bolts that attach the latch to the roll bar? And what is the purpose of the roll pin that the screwdriver is pointing at?Click to view attachment
Ishley
So you need a special kind of washer clip.... I got mine at McMaster Carr... but of course you have to buy a box of them. Everything else I tried didn't work until I found a post here that mentioned these clips.

https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/96415A170
Push-on External Retaining Rings, Black Oxide Steel, for 6 mm OD, 16 mm OD

76-914
QUOTE(Ishley @ Sep 28 2023, 01:10 PM) *

So you need a special kind of washer clip.... I got mine at McMaster Carr... but of course you have to buy a box of them. Everything else I tried didn't work until I found a post here that mentioned these clips.

https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/96415A170
Push-on External Retaining Rings, Black Oxide Steel, for 6 mm OD, 16 mm OD

That's good to know. I have the original and will re-use it if necessary. Just found it odd that there are 2 washers in the kit that may not have a purpose. confused24.gif
Ishley
Call 914 Rubber... Mark will know. They've been helpful to me.
76-914
I think I figured it all out once removed my head from my arse. I had the left hook on the right side. headbang.gif Now I know what that roll pin's purpose is. One side was wobbly but I still had my rivet guns and sets so that was just a matter of re-setting the rivet. That lower roll bar cover fits very nicely. Now I just need to figure out what and where to trim the latch cover on this ver.1 lower roll bar cover. piratenanner.gif
Mikey914
Sorry I didn't get to this right away. I had started a tutorial, I'll post up here once I get completed.

Mark
bdstone914
@76-914
date='Sep 28 2023, 04:48 PM' post='3104635']
I think I figured it all out once removed my head from my arse. I had the left hook on the right side. headbang.gif Now I know what that roll pin's purpose is. One side was wobbly but I still had my rivet guns and sets so that was just a matter of re-setting the rivet. That lower roll bar cover fits very nicely. Now I just need to figure out what and where to trim the latch cover on this ver.1 lower roll bar cover. piratenanner.gif
[/quote]

I just ordered 100 clips the hooks for the katches i restore. These are the best ones to use. I found that other clips can pop off under tension. The problem is the worn post and canse the hook to push out when you clamp the top down.
I can send you a few as they should be here tomorrow.
76-914
Sounds good. Thx.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.