Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Using a 912 fuel gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RFoulds
I have a 912 fuel gauge in the dash. The sender wires match up, the low fuel light works properly. But the gauge itself is just pinned to the Full end.
Is the sender sending a higher watt or amperage than the gauge wants? Anyway to find the correct values so I can correct for it?
Root_Werks
I think the ohm range isn't only wrong, but reversed. Like a Bug sending unit.
RFoulds
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Sep 28 2023, 03:05 PM) *

I think the ohm range isn't only wrong, but reversed. Like a Bug sending unit.

Well that might cause issues. sad.gif
914Sixer
Need to see gauge pictures. 914 fuel works down right to left, 911/912 works up left to right.
RFoulds
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 28 2023, 05:13 PM) *

Need to see gauge pictures. 914 fuel works down right to left, 911/912 works up left to right.

I suck at posting pics here. Always upside down. Why?
Morrie
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Sep 28 2023, 04:58 PM) *

I have a 912 fuel gauge in the dash. The sender wires match up, the low fuel light works properly. But the gauge itself is just pinned to the Full end.
Is the sender sending a higher watt or amperage than the gauge wants? Anyway to find the correct values so I can correct for it?

The 912 and 914 use the same sending unit (I have a 912 and a 914) and the gauges are interchangeable. I agree that the wires may be swapped in your case. Here's my gauge with the 912 fuel installed. (John Bell's work of course)

Click to view attachment
RFoulds
Great info. Thank you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.