Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel injector question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hndyhrr
I had some injectors rebuilt by Mr. Injector. I am installing them and when pulling out the old ones, one of them has got a green tip, looks to be maybe original. Has woven cloth on out side of hose. Interesting the other three have yellow tips and all are yellow tops.

Soooo Do all yellow top 914 injectors fit with no worries? Noticed the numbers are not the same on a couple of them. The big part number is the same but the 3 digit numbers are not. What do this 3 digit numbers mean? I have attached at pic for reference.

Click to view attachment

hndyhrr
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Sep 28 2023, 03:36 PM) *

I had some injectors rebuilt by Mr. Injector. I am installing them and when pulling out the old ones, one of them has got a green tip, looks to be maybe original. Has woven cloth on out side of hose. Interesting the other three have yellow tips and all are yellow tops.

Soooo Do all yellow top 914 injectors fit with no worries? Noticed the numbers are not the same on a couple of them. The big part number is the same but the 3 digit numbers are not. What do this 3 digit numbers mean? I have attached at pic for reference.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
brant
Did the rebuilder give you a print out or f the flow numbers?

Usually they do as testing flow rate is a part of the rebuild service

The Pintel caps come off as a part of the rebuild
Most likely they just put the wrong color cap on
But the flow sheet will verify that that injector flows the same as a 1.7
JeffBowlsby
Recommend replacing all those ratty hoses if you had not thought of that yet.
914Sixer
There was two versions of 1.7 injectors. 914/Bus/411 with curved elbow hose and the VW311 version with straight hose. Both versions are the same as far a performance. Somebody put 2.0 green pintle on injector.
hndyhrr
Thanks guys,

Pic's are what I pulled out today.

New?rebuilt were done by Mr. Injector.

I have attached Flow Report.

I have to admit I am getting in over my head I think, and don't like it. lol

Does report look right? I am having a hard time finding flow rate table for the 1.7.

Any how Thank you again and again for info.

Renee

Click to view attachment
emerygt350
I think people thought you were putting those odd balls back in.
mepstein
Looks like they all flow the same. So color of pintle wont mater.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 28 2023, 06:06 PM) *

Looks like they all flow the same. So color of pintle wont mater.

agree.gif

They flow the same, the pattern is good--use 'em. Just replace those hoses first, before they spray fuel all over the engine and exhaust...

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.