Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So, I met a guy at the bank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
So, I've been working in Loveland, CO for the past week. We're putting together TOOL's 2023 tour. Our first show is on the 3rd.

Anyway, I needed to do some banking. Luckily my bank has a branch in Loveland. I was wearing my new 914-6 hat - see pic below =D - and this guy walks in with his wife. While I'm filling out my paperwork, he says to her "See that hat right there, 914-6." She mentions something about his car and then goes to the teller. We end up chatting for a while, I mention 914World and he was unaware of us. Hopefully he'll make his way here. He has some other cars, but the one we all care about is a low mile 73 1.7. It's kept away in a secure spot, and he drives it around the property often to keep it in good running order.

Just goes to show, there are even more of these great little cars out there that we don't know about. And some nice examples, as well.

Wear your 914 gear, spread the love, spread the word! I love these little ugly ducklings!

IPB Image
SirAndy
beerchug.gif
East coaster
Wait, what…..Tool??? Sorry, Maynard fan here…..
emerygt350
I don't mean to be snarky, but every 914 has 60k until someone fixes the odometer....
Superhawk996
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Sep 30 2023, 07:27 PM) *

I don't mean to be snarky, but every 914 has 60k until someone fixes the odometer....

agree.gif

I’ve posted to this effect before:

There are more sub 100k mile 914s around now than there were in the mid 80s and early 90s. shades.gif

I’m sure there are a few around but there are way too many advertised and spoken of commonly as such to be true.
Gint
I didn't realize you were in Loveland! We could have dinner if you have the time.
BENBRO02
I feel sorry for the guy because he doesn’t drive his 914 enough. What’s he saving it for, the next owner after he dies? Drive it like you stole it and enjoy it.
Txbentleyboy
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Sep 30 2023, 08:10 PM) *

I feel sorry for the guy because he doesn’t drive his 914 enough. What’s he saving it for, the next owner after he dies? Drive it like you stole it and enjoy it.

I have started to drive mine as if it was just a car.. Mechanicals are first priority, killing any rust, anywhere found and hoping one day to put a decent sound system in. Paint chips are going to happen and, besides, our beloved 914 will probably never be featured at Pebble Beach!
emerygt350
QUOTE(Txbentleyboy @ Oct 9 2023, 04:32 PM) *

QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Sep 30 2023, 08:10 PM) *

I have started to drive mine as if it was just a car.. Mechanicals are first priority, killing any rust, anywhere found and hoping one day to put a decent sound system in. Paint chips are going to happen and, besides, our beloved 914 will probably never be featured at Pebble Beach!

Yep. I have taken out a deer (hit the side) a cone etc. I just do the body work, rattle can it, and keep driving. It helps if your whole car is plastic though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.