Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Minneapolis Craigslist engine builder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
burlybryan
Anyone local know this guy? He's been posting blurry pics of T2 and T4 engine builds for years. I'm not likely a customer, but curious if he's legit. When I find the time, I might have to reach out just to see what his setup is like (aka home garage).

PORSCHE 914 REBUILT 2.4 ENGINE

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ptd/...7670363771.html
cassmcentee
Don't know him...
But after all that work...
The flywheel looks terrible?
rhodyguy
Worst pictures and ad verbiage ever.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 4 2023, 11:08 AM) *

Worst pictures and ad verbiage ever.

Don't worry, I'm sure he put almost as much effort into the build as he did into those pics.

blink.gif
Optimusglen
yeah that guy has parted out a few 914's, I bought something from him a few years ago. I remember thinking it was pretty sketchy. No idea on his builds though...
SteveL
Isn't that guy the owner of the old Dune Buggy Supply in Minneapolis?
burlybryan
The location always zeros onto the Prospect Park neighborhood - but I don't know where Dune Buggy Supply was located.

Yeah, the potato pictures have never inspired confidence. It's always the same greasy out of focus pics! Someone must be buying the engines, because he has a new one at least once a month. Its so weird.
vintage914racer
It has to be the same guy that has had 914 transmissions and other horribly photographed parts here on Craigslist for years.

Not sure if it’s Sam, the guy who took over/transitioned Dune Buggy Supply in Hopkins when Bill Jenkins died? I thought he moved the shop somewhere well past the western suburbs.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SteveL @ Oct 4 2023, 03:13 PM) *

Isn't that guy the owner of the old Dune Buggy Supply in Minneapolis?

Well, as Dune Buggy Supply was my first job I can assure you Bill Jenkins is dead…

If you catch a name, I might know the guy.
rudedude
I can't think of his name right now but does motormeister as an engine rebuilder ring any bells? I would run far away.
@conedodger , did you work with a guy named Joe at DBS?
SteveL
Looks like Dune Buggy Supply is still in business - in Norwood/Young America on the southwest end of the Twin Cities. They have a Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/dunebuggysupply
ConeDodger
QUOTE(rudedude @ Oct 5 2023, 03:53 PM) *

I can't think of his name right now but does motormeister as an engine rebuilder ring any bells? I would run far away.
@conedodger , did you work with a guy named Joe at DBS?

Yes. Joe and his brother. They were really good. I was at best an oil change monkey…
Jay993
Motor sheister you mean
digit3
QUOTE(SteveL @ Oct 5 2023, 02:56 PM) *

Looks like Dune Buggy Supply is still in business - in Norwood/Young America on the southwest end of the Twin Cities. They have a Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/dunebuggysupply

My buddy JSD just had his 912 motor top end rebuilt there last week. He has had several VW's worked on there also. Might be a good resource if you are looking to do something over the winter BurlyB
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.