Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 oil cooler air guide help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jay993
Ok guys! Need your expertise once again! So my original oil cooler air guide, silver fiberglass and about 16” long has been cracked, fixed, repaired and repaired, etc. Since the engine is out of the car, I figured I’d replace it. I ordered part 91110640601 and what I got was a 6” piece of black plastic. This clearly isn’t the right piece. Where can I get the original guide?

Thanks
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Jay993 @ Oct 5 2023, 01:13 PM) *

Ok guys! Need your expertise once again! So my original oil cooler air guide, silver fiberglass and about 16” long has been cracked, fixed, repaired and repaired, etc. Since the engine is out of the car, I figured I’d replace it. I ordered part 91110640601 and what I got was a 6” piece of black plastic. This clearly isn’t the right piece. Where can I get the original guide?

Thanks

Do you have any pictures? It would be cool if ya did. biggrin.gif

DennisV
QUOTE(Jay993 @ Oct 5 2023, 11:13 AM) *

Thanks

I don't see that part number in the PDF catalog. What I find that I think you're describing is "911-106-406-00". If that number ending in -01 is supposed to be the supersede, I think it's wrong.

In my research, thanks to many here, the 914-6 should have black shroud with gray duct (aka air guide for oil cooler #4 in PDF parts catalog). Same as 1969 911T IIRC. After a lot of looking for a usable original, I bought an excellent reproduction from Series 900.

Click to view attachment

There are a lot of shroud variations!
Bullethead
agree.gif

What you describe is the long piece atop the shroud as shown above, and pretty sure the part number of what you bought is for a 911. The long part is molded in on some versions, that small bit connects to the cooler.
Jay993
@dennisV you are correct sir! Anyone know where I can get one?
DennisV
QUOTE(Jay993 @ Oct 5 2023, 12:54 PM) *

@dennisV you are correct sir! Anyone know where I can get one?

I gave you a link. Series 900. They might sell you the gray duct separate.
BillJ
I have a shroud from them as well. He makes brand new parts done as per factory with colored gelcoats not paint. He knows shrouds.
mepstein
If you can get him to reply. I couldn’t.
Jay993
Paid for and ordered. Engine going in next week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.