Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Conversion Oil Cooler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
I don't know how many of you noticed this at Rennsport, but CFS has a brand new reproduction 914-6 engine mounted oil cooler. It is all new construction, and the core is a 911 S cooler, so it has increased cooling capacity.

I talked to them for a bit about it. It is brand new. The one they had on display is the first production prototype. I just looked at their website, and it is not up yet, but it is coming.

Here are some pictures for you:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Looking at it in person, it is a very nicely done part.
930cabman
And idea how she performs?
Optimusglen
https://y7y6i2a9.rocketcdn.me/wp-content/up...-8260-Flyer.pdf

MSRP $995
Root_Werks
That's a very good looking product. I would've bought one.....still might buy one based on feedback from peeps after running them for a while.
930cabman
Just checked their website, some performance testing results would be great, but didn't see any
mepstein
They are a pretty well known company for aftermarket oil coolers. We use their front coolers on 3.2-4.0 911 engine conversions.
rick 918-S
Purdy wub.gif
BillJ
Excellent! Originals are way pricey and new is great for peace of mind.
mb911
Same price as from Porsche. I bought 2 of them this year from Guadan Porsche
sixnotfour
Never Heard of an S larger Capacity engine Oil Cooler.. S had aditional oil cooler..
confused24.gif
targa72e
I talked to them as well.
In addition to 914-6 cooler they also have the 911 cooler with adapters that might be a good option if you want to run -12 or -16 lines. Since early 911's had a threaded connection and later cars had a push on connection they just made the 911 cooler with female threads, you then select the adapter needed based on your year.
The back plate of the cooler (where is attaches to the engine) is billet instead of cast so stronger.
This new cooler also doesn't have the crimped area (shown in picture) and they said as a result it had 15% addition cooling area.

Click to view attachment

Thought I might be a good solution for those -6 on the edge of needing a front cooler.
I am tempted to purchase one to compare with the stock cooler on my hot 2.5 to see if it runs at a lower temperature. Looked like a very nice product at a reasonable price.

john
peteinjp
I wonder how well it compares to the one from Stoddard

IPB Image
mepstein
My local Porsche dealer has a discount online store. They list the oem 914-6 cooler pretty cheap. I may order one to check it out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.