Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: scheel-mann 101 seat announcement at RR7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve
https://scheel-mann.com/products/scheel-101
Really nice seat. Supposed to ship in December. They had a bunch at Rennsport Reunion 7 to sit in. It is wide. He said you would have to modify the parking brake in a 914 to fit. I asked about the 114 seat for a 914 and he said maybe depending on demand for the 101
BillJ
What is the 114 seat? Couldnt find it on their site....
Steve
QUOTE(BillJ @ Oct 5 2023, 02:56 PM) *

They stopped making it years ago...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=337884
BillJ
I had that seat in my 73. Driver side only. Was awesome.
mepstein
Maybe it looks better in person but looks ugly in the pics.
jim_hoyland
I stopped by that booth too and really liked those seats. Didn’t get prices.
Is Rothsport the seller ?
87m491
OP link says $2K!
burton73
The real deal custom reupholstered in the finest leather by Dale Hancock. Custom fit for my larger ass. $2,000 for a new seat is not a crazy number.

Bob B
Click to view attachment
87m491
Not having seen one, I'm not questioning the quality or the value, but for me, in my world, $2,000 for a new, even custom seat, is a crazy number.

QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 5 2023, 06:34 PM) *

The real deal custom reupholstered in the finest leather by Dale Hancock. Custom fit for my larger ass. $2,000 for a new seat is not a crazy number.

Bob B
Click to view attachment

mepstein
QUOTE(87m491 @ Oct 6 2023, 10:54 AM) *

Not having seen one, I'm not questioning the quality or the value, but for me, in my world, $2,000 for a new, even custom seat, is a crazy number.

QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 5 2023, 06:34 PM) *

Bob B

$2k is on the high side for vinyl. Most will be around $1200-1500 for a production model. I get it that the name is there. It just looks awkward to me with the tiny headrest and sort of classic cut but not really. Again, maybe it’s just me.

Bob’s interior looks amazing. I’m sure it was - donate a kidney - pricing.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 5 2023, 03:38 PM) *

QUOTE(BillJ @ Oct 5 2023, 02:56 PM) *

They stopped making it years ago...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=337884

Had a set of these with built in headrests in the steel-top 914-6. Really liked them. Not sure if I'd bother with updating to seats like this in my current 914. Stock seems fine.
Steve
I am happy with my GTS Lemans seat. Similar construction as the Scheel seat at less than half the cost and its designed for the 914 seat rails.
Bullethead
agree.gif

But to be fair, they're aimed more at the BMW E9 and early 911 crowd as originals are very hard to find and prices have gotten ridiculous. The standard seat for 3.0CSLs are the model 100, and as those rare cars went up in value, so did everything associated with them. Couple of years ago I sold Pete a pair of the 114's Scheel made specifically for the 914... Scheel's new 101 would work but as Steve notes, the GTS is a more economic option that's hard to beat.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 6 2023, 08:53 AM) *

I am happy with my GTS Lemans seat. Similar construction as the Scheel seat at less than half the cost and its designed for the 914 seat rails.

agree.gif I’ve had GTS Le Mans seats for 15 years and find them very comfortable. Hard to beat them for quality craftsmanship
rgalla9146
Originals in my GT project.
I knew of them in a modified '75 914 through three owners.
The last guy removed them when he sold the car.
I was in the right place at the right time.
I had the upholstery re-fitted.
I also had a silk screen made up to recreate the emblems exactly as the originals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.