Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1971 1.7L 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
EricL
Single owner 1971 1.7L. Runs and drives well. Original paint. No accidents. Very little rust. Have not pulled the door rocker panels. Now deceased father-in-law's daily driver. Seattle area. Asking $15k.
windforfun
IMHO, your car is worth 30 K$ assuming that the rust is minimal. What's the mileage? The market is soft now so hang tight unless you're in a hurry to sell it.
JeffBowlsby
We don't know enough about the car to determine its fair value but several more photos of the interior and including both trunks, the rear trunk floor and several of the engine bay would be helpful to better understanding and evaluating its general condition.

I see the front bumper has been replaced with a 19743-74 version. And the passenger seat is moveable unlike other 1971 914s. Must be a story to go with that.

Please also post the VIN, perhaps there is information available online.

Car looks refreshingly well preserved, from the two photos posted.
76-914
And a few pics of the longs preferably w/o the valances in place & beneath the battery tray. Especially if it was a Daily Driver in Rainville. These pics and the ones off mentioned will determine the fair value of your car. Possibly keep you from giving it away, so to speak. beerchug.gif
SavingManuals
agree.gif

Compared to the members above, I'm brand new to 914's. As you may already know, they and other members are truly definitive experts when it comes to these cars.

Though you may be hesitant to drill out the rivets to remove the rocker covers, for example, it's a step worth taking to accurately portray the condition of your car. Your best buyer will appreciate that you have done it.
porsha916
QUOTE(EricL @ Oct 9 2023, 12:37 PM) *

Single owner 1971 1.7L. Runs and drives well. Original paint. No accidents. Very little rust. Have not pulled the door rocker panels. Now deceased father-in-law's daily driver. Seattle area. Asking $15k.

I believe I replaced the right rear suspension inner mount on this car, it was from Bellingham, and was a graduation gift to a lady lawyer! It maybe a different car!
Jett
+1 with everything said.

If you take the car to Monty at Redmond European, he can remove the rockers and put the rivots back.
EricL
Thanks all for the replies and advice.

More context and photos of the car can be found here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=357844

I will be visiting the car this weekend and will grab the mileage and VIN #.

As many have suggested, I will likely also pull the rockers and post photos here.

Cheers.
EricL
QUOTE(porsha916 @ Oct 12 2023, 08:44 AM) *

QUOTE(EricL @ Oct 9 2023, 12:37 PM) *

I believe I replaced the right rear suspension inner mount on this car, it was from Bellingham, and was a graduation gift to a lady lawyer! It maybe a different car!

Different car. This car was owned by my father-in-law in Bellevue since new. He is now deceased. Selling on behalf of my mother-in-law.
EricL
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Oct 11 2023, 05:12 PM) *

We don't know enough about the car to determine its fair value but several more photos of the interior and including both trunks, the rear trunk floor and several of the engine bay would be helpful to better understanding and evaluating its general condition.

I see the front bumper has been replaced with a 19743-74 version. And the passenger seat is moveable unlike other 1971 914s. Must be a story to go with that.

Please also post the VIN, perhaps there is information available online.

Car looks refreshingly well preserved, from the two photos posted.

Thanks. I think the car may actually be a 72, not a 71. Will check this weekend and grab the VIN.

To my knowledge, the car came stock with that bumper. Was my father-in-law's so not sure of all the history but from what I'm told the car has never had nipples.

There are some additional photos and context here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=357844
EricL
Some additional info:

Odometer reads 85192. Pretty sure it rolled over once so the car has 185k miles.
Chassis VIN: 4722911522
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.