Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom Dash Face
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
digit3
Hey all,

Wondering if anyone has crafted a one-piece dash face panel?

I'm thinking of having somebody cut a piece of metal that would fit around the steering column that I could drill holes in for my three switches (lights, fogs, hazards) to the left of the wheel and have the entire right side clean. I would remove the climate controls, cig lighter, glovebox and lock.

Ideas? Existing templates?

Thanks

tygaboy
I did. One piece .063 alumunum with steering column cut out. Full width for an early lower dash but easy enough to trim it shorter if you have dash vents.
It requires you remove any areas of the factory dash that prevent the panel from sitting flat against it. Again, easy enough to do.
digit3
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Oct 10 2023, 11:23 AM) *

I did. One piece .063 alumunum with steering column cut out. Full width for an early lower dash but easy enough to trim it shorter if you have dash vents.
It requires you remove any areas of the factory dash that prevent the panel from sitting flat against it. Again, easy enough to do.

Thanks for this. Sent you a PM to discuss.
sb914
Click to view attachment
Maddog makes a carbon fiber dash face. I had mine done in red .
76-914
Late to the party. Cut from sheet of .024 2024 Aluminum then burled on the drill press using wooden jig.

Click to view attachment
East coaster
On my last 914 I eliminated the glove box and radio and used a single piece of brushed stainless laminate (like for countertops/cabinets). It looked and worked great, was lightweight, and didn’t get finger prints like real metal. It was also easy to work with. The pics make it look almost white from the camera flash, but in person it looks just like brushed stainless.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.