Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: solid 215mm clutch disc?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
panayotisnikas
Hello everybody, I have the stock 914 clutch on a 2.5lt type 4 and everything is perfect, smooth engagement no slipping , BUT the springs on the disc have gone weak and I am thinking of perhaps a solid disc as its common on type 1 engines , but I can't find a solid 215mm disc, so what are the options here?
Thanks
mate914
QUOTE(panayotisnikas @ Oct 10 2023, 07:29 PM) *

Hello everybody, I have the stock 914 clutch on a 2.5lt type 4 and everything is perfect, smooth engagement no slipping , BUT the springs on the disc have gone weak and I am thinking of perhaps a solid disc as its common on type 1 engines , but I can't find a solid 215mm disc, so what are the options here?
Thanks

I think you can get a four or a six spring clutch disk. Original was rubber and no springs, the 914-6 had a six spring disk. Try that one.

Matt flag.gif
914Sixer
Maybe weak fingers on pressure plate
brant
I don’t remember any rubber on the clutch of a 914

That was mid 80’s 911s/944s
Not on the 914
stownsen914
What symptoms suggest that the springs on the disk are weak?

For anything other than racing use, I'd recommend against a solid/unsprung disk. Clutch engagement with a solid disk is very harsh. The shaking and shuddering will drive you crazy on a street driven vehicle. Hard on the driveline too.
mate914
QUOTE(brant @ Oct 11 2023, 08:04 AM) *

I don’t remember any rubber on the clutch of a 914

That was mid 80’s 911s/944s
Not on the 914

Maybe I was thinking of my 924...

Matt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.