Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB passenger side 914-6 heat exchanger or sell driver side
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mb911
I have one odd ball repaired driver side heat exchanger that I need a mate to or will sell the driver side unit for $600. This one has had some surgery from the previous owners and I ground the nasty weld out and then did a nice TIG weave over to blend pretty nicely. Then sand blasted and then primed in high heat grey paint. As I said I am open to either option.

Let me know what you have. I am all about fixing the rough heat exchangers
nditiz1
Man if I still had my 6.

1 is all you really need.
dug
I have a rusty pair that need repair, but seem like they could be saved. I'm travelling until Monday, but I'll send you pics when I get back.
mb911
QUOTE(dug @ Oct 11 2023, 06:33 PM) *

I have a rusty pair that need repair, but seem like they could be saved. I'm travelling until Monday, but I'll send you pics when I get back.

You would be amazed what I can save
mepstein
I sent you the good one. What until you see the rusty ones.
mb911
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 12 2023, 09:03 AM) *

I sent you the good one. What until you see the rusty ones.

The good one is in a good home with a nice matching set. This one is another oddball straggler
fixer34
QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 12 2023, 12:01 PM) *

I'm guessing you have a frame/jig to align everything? Bought a reconditioned set from Camp914 some 15 yrs ago, one side had weld repair done by the junction. Seems like that flange is not quite perfectly straight when bolting to the muffler. May pull them off once I put her up for the winter and take a ride up your way so you can take a look.
mb911
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Oct 14 2023, 01:44 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 12 2023, 12:01 PM) *

I'm guessing you have a frame/jig to align everything? Bought a reconditioned set from Camp914 some 15 yrs ago, one side had weld repair done by the junction. Seems like that flange is not quite perfectly straight when bolting to the muffler. May pull them off once I put her up for the winter and take a ride up your way so you can take a look.

Yes I do. Luckily most of the recent repairs I have done are just the heat shrouds that needing repair. But either way I have a fixture
mb911
Just for those looking for a picture here it is. Make an offer on it need to fund the transaxle project Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.