Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: alternator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Name is Snick
Anybody left in the Northern Hemisphere who will replace my alternator bearing?

Preferably in the mid-Atlantic USA or environs. All I can find is replace the alternator. The old guys are dying off fast.

Thanks
porschetub
QUOTE(Name is Snick @ Oct 13 2023, 06:20 AM) *

Preferably in the mid-Atlantic USA or environs. All I can find is replace the alternator. The old guys are dying off fast.

Thanks

Find a good local auto electrical shop nothing too hard about these units ,request a dissemble and appraisal before repair so you don't spend more than the cost of a replacement reman unit,cheers.
brant
There aren’t any of those guys left when I searched Colorado

Found one in berkley that does great work on Bosch
I shipped both ways for their sevice
Brant
Spoke
I've used these guys to get new bearings and seals. Got a $50 Audi transmission seal from them for $4.99.

I've replaced the bearings on my pond pump twice now in 20 years. Total cost less than $10.

Bearings & Drives Solutions
930cabman
QUOTE(Name is Snick @ Oct 12 2023, 12:20 PM) *

Thanks

Yes, us old guys are dying off fast. I have used Phil at Batavia Starter a couple times. Located in Western New York
anderssj
These guys have done a great job for me rebuilding Volvo alternators over the years:

"Browning's Alternator and Starter Exchange and Service,"
Phone: (757) 460-1018
Address: 1736 Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23455

FWIW, a couple of the indie Volvo shops in the area also use them.

Hope this helps!
bkrantz
I had my Bosch alternator rebuilt at Tucson Alternator exchange. These old school places are still out there.
Mikey914
I had noticed that this is becoming a real issue. I have started rebuilding these and will offer as a service, but we are also working on the rebuild kit and a few variations of it so you can do it if you want. More soon.
Mark
TheCabinetmaker
I have Shorty's two miles from me. An old school rebuilder. Just did my Astro van last week. $70.00.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.