Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Painted shroud
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
Got my oil cooler shroud painted, it was black decided to paint it the same color as the car. I like it much better.
brant
Looks great!!!
VaccaRabite
Have you found that you need it?
I have a passive Setrab cooler behind the pass side rear axle and I've not seen oil temps go over about 205.

How are your temps on the 2.3 with the front mount oil cooler?

Zach

StratPlayer
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Oct 12 2023, 02:23 PM) *

I have a passive Setrab cooler behind the pass side rear axle and I've not seen oil temps go over about 205.

Zach

Zach I haven’t seen my oil temps get above 180, just took the car on a road-trip to steamboat springs and back oil temp stayed the same whole trip.
914_teener
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Oct 12 2023, 02:34 PM) *

Zach

Zach I haven’t seen my oil temps get above 180, just took the car on a road-trip to steamboat springs and back oil temp stayed the same whole trip.

Oh my....are you sure you need it. Those temps may not be hot enough to dissipate out moisture. A thermistor bypass?
StratPlayer
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 12 2023, 04:59 PM) *

Zach

Oh my....are you sure you need it. Those temps may not be hot enough to dissipate out moisture. A thermistor bypass?

I've had this cooler
installed for over 15 years with no water issues what so ever

worn

Zach

Missed seeing you and hope you had a great time.
Front yard mechanic
What a sweet car in person hope mine looks half as good someday grouphug.gif
StratPlayer
Installed piratenanner.gif first.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.