Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for Rubber Hand Brake Handle Boot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom1394racing
I can't seem to find anyone offering the original rubber type boot. Any suggestions?
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Tom1394racing @ Oct 13 2023, 08:48 AM) *

I can't seem to find anyone offering the original rubber type boot. Any suggestions?

Tom only early cars with the jointed handle had a boot.
The only reason to have the early handle is for originality on an early car.
The later one piece handle is simply easier to use.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Oct 13 2023, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom1394racing @ Oct 13 2023, 08:48 AM) *

Tom only early cars with the jointed handle had a boot.
The only reason to have the early handle is for originality on an early car.
The later one piece handle is simply easier to use.

We have a 70 914-6. The car came without the handbrake handle in it. I didn't have an early one, so I put in a one piece handle out of a later car.

I found a early break away handle with the boot online. So I bought it and put it in the car. After multiple times of not being able t get the handle to release, it took it out and put the one piece handle back in. I am keeping the break away handle for originality, but for functionality we will keep the later one piece handle in the car.

Frankly, the early handles suck.
Tom1394racing
Thanks guys...I thought this might be the case,
worn
QUOTE(Tom1394racing @ Oct 13 2023, 06:34 PM) *

Thanks guys...I thought this might be the case,

My ‘72 has the early handle. Like Jerry, I am Old and in the way. Have to say that the fold down handle makes for comfort. Plus, you have to be aware of the big brake light on the dash (assuming you switched to LEDs) that lets you know that the brakes are still on. You trades one for ‘tother. I like the folder jes fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.