Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil lines, who makes em? With german fittings?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
Stacking up parts for my conversion..
I am going to be putting in a little 2.0 six for starters on this one so i may not put in a cooler, but will want the option for later, if I go bigger.
But who puts a kit together that uses German fittings? OR do I need to use AN?
Krieger
Patrick Motorsports sells a complete set that look OEM.
infraredcalvin
Check with this guy…

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...-oil-lines.html
mb911
Do NOT use the 30mm fittings if you are looking for ease of assembly and replacement parts. I have switched over to all AN set ups when talking to customers doing conversions. So much easier
porschetub
QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 15 2023, 01:03 AM) *

Do NOT use the 30mm fittings if you are looking for ease of assembly and replacement parts. I have switched over to all AN set ups when talking to customers doing conversions. So much easier

Yes I had to shop around for a few 30mm fitting but wanted to stay with them as the ones I got with the car when I bought it were pretty much all I needed.
It bit me in the ass as couldn't find someone to swage them ,last shop I tried still had sets of old Parker dies which worked ,thought I had struck gold until the guy doing the work was an idiot and cocked up 2 hoses , luckily I had some spares and got that sorted myself before watching him closely so he didn't repeat his mistakes.
All in all a pretty expensive exercise but found Elephant racing and Stoddard were very got to deal with.
Click to view attachment.
Spoke
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Oct 14 2023, 05:21 AM) *

I had Len re-hose 2 oil hose/pipes on my 930. He does very nice work. Would absolutely go to him again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.