Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Cal Spirited Drive Sat Nov 11
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jay993
Just throwing it out there for anyone who might want to go on a spirited drive this Veterans Day. Bring anything you want that’s pre 1980. We’re gonna start in Sherman oaks, stop For lunch around 12/1 and then return by 3/4:00. Just trying to see if anybody wants to join. Let me know!

Jay@melcoproperties.com
second wind
QUOTE(Jay993 @ Oct 13 2023, 07:24 PM) *

Just throwing it out there for anyone who might want to go on a spirited drive this Veterans Day. Bring anything you want that’s pre 1980. We’re gonna start in Sherman oaks, stop For lunch around 12/1 and then return by 3/4:00. Just trying to see if anybody wants to join. Let me know!

Jay@melcoproperties.com

I am listening.....I admit being lazy....shame on me but when the outings are under 50 miles to start gives me energy....over that I start to think about age realities....car and body.....my body !!! Anyway I want to get in the club again....will be watching this post.....all the best to all...love being in the 914 family/obsession/consciousness....
gg
burton73
Hi Jay,

Just a suggestion: Lots of us greater area 914 guys have cars that may not be ready for your drive. Lots of people have Boxster’s, 911s, cars after 1980, and water cooled cars that may like to come. A couple of years ago we did a very big run to Malibu had some very fine 914s show up everyone had a great time it was a great beautiful course I was born here and had not driven on some of those roads. Meet up was at PCH and Trancas Canyon from there we went on some great turns with great elevation back to the PCH by the state line. I am going to look for some pictures.

Bob B

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Pepperdine University will commemorate Veterans Day, celebrated annually on November 11, with a weeklong series of events beginning Monday, November 7, on the Malibu campus. Home to nearly 500 military-connected students—more than 300 of them veterans—the events highlight the year-round initiatives and programming specifically designed to promote the academic, personal, and professional success of Pepperdine's veterans and military-connected students.
“Over the years, Pepperdine has supported thousands of veterans and family members as they've transitioned from military to civilian life,” says Eric Leshinsky, director of student veteran affairs at Pepperdine. “Our new initiatives and programming for PeppVets demonstrate Pepperdine's continued and growing commitment to those that served. This is an exciting time to be a PeppVet, and we are incredibly proud to support and salute each and every one.”
In addition to University-led events and programming, Pepperdine, in partnership with the National Flag Foundation, is among a select group of nationwide participants chosen to light up a building in purple as a show of national unity and support for our country’s military heroes. On Thursday, November 11, the Phillips Theme Tower on the Malibu campus will be lit up in support of our nation’s wounded veteran community. The Light to Unite initiative, which has planned displays at buildings such as One World Trade Center in New York City, the Willis Tower in Chicago, and the Koppers Building in Pittsburgh, also marks the 240th anniversary of the inception of the Purple Heart Award.
“Pepperdine would like to show the world our pride and gratitude for all US veterans and the great sacrifices that they have made to protect our freedoms and our nation,” says David Johnson, vice chancellor of engagement and mass appeal at Pepperdine. “We are all blessed because of them. It is a privilege to participate in the national Light to Unite initiative and to honor our veterans on this day.”
This year’s events include:
November 11 | 12:30–2 PM
Veterans Day Luncheon
Brock House
November 11 | Sunset
"Light to Unite" Tower Lighting
Phillips Theme Tower

Click to view attachment
Jay993
All good points guys. So a lot of us from the Ferrari club like to drive the classics as well. You should see what we do with the Ferraris- usually 200-400 miles. This is a relaxed drive that you can stay for as long as you like and leave when you like. I’ll be taking my 57 speedster. Go as fast or as slow as you like. More to come as we get closer
campbellcj
I may be able to join in my 914 if not too far from home...
second wind
I apologize but I am a bit mixed up on this thread.....I thought I was on a WCR 2024 thread but now on a Spirited November 11 thread....I like the idea of a spirited Nov. 11 drive up here in the Los Angeles area.....plus looking at Ferraris all day can't hurt much....we shall see how things develop.....all the best to all !!!
gg
campbellcj
FWIW there is a pretty cool cars n' coffee event that morning in Westlake Village just off the 101. This is close to the canyon roads heading into Malibu as well as the Sherwood/Hidden Valley areas.

The cyclists tend to go out in huge numbers by around 8AM when the weather's nice, so there is that to contend with.
914_7T3
Here is the thread for that drive from June 2022 and we also did the same run during November 2020.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...359939&st=0
Jay993
Ok guys just about 2 weeks left. Thoughts? Again, meet up, eat, make new friends, drive, drive part way, or don’t drive at all.
Robarabian
Is this Veteran's Day drive happening? I saw the thread sort of slow down....
RFoulds
That run 2 years ago was awesome. I towed Snotball66 to Santa Monica and joined in. Great roads. Can’t do this one though. Sons birthday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.