Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Picked up 1st 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TP914
Just acquired a 74 2.0 , one Owner , 65k miles , hadn’t been out since the early 90s. Click to view attachment [attachment=891335] Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
TP914
another pic
TP914
One more Click to view attachment
TP914
Spent some time cleaning it up, currently getting the once over , to get back in shape mechanically.
NARP74
Awesome, great find and Welcome to the addiction! Keep the pics coming...
Root_Werks
Nice find!

That looks like a clean 914 for sure. Can't wait to see more pics.
StarBear
Awesome! Make sure it’s in the VIN Registry.
sb914
welcome.png
Lots of peep’s in the Oc .
Nice color.
campbellcj
welcome.png Congrats, looks like a nice time capsule!
Beach914
Welcome to 914World! Nice car. Be sure to bring it to Enderle and hang out with us!
930cabman
welcome.png

She had been napping for several years for sure. is she running? Cleaned up nicely
KELTY360
welcome.png

Your title, "Picked up 1st 914, 74 2.0", is probably a harbinger of more to come. You only have one first, but that usually means more will follow. Welcome to the madness...there's no known cure.
TP914
QUOTE(930cabman @ Oct 17 2023, 02:42 PM) *

welcome.png

She had been napping for several years for sure. is she running? Cleaned up nicely

Not running yet, bleed down test was good, compression good. Replacing all the hoses and lines.
rick 918-S
OMG!!! Thanks for dragging it out from it's end of life resting place. That poor thing was doomed!
emerygt350
QUOTE(TP914 @ Oct 17 2023, 03:07 PM) *

QUOTE(930cabman @ Oct 17 2023, 02:42 PM) *

welcome.png

Not running yet, bleed down test was good, compression good. Replacing all the hoses and lines.

Trust nothing. Find one of our vetted vacuum diagrams and be sure your lines are going where they are actually supposed to go. Save yourself a ton of frustration. It's had 50 years of DAPOs messing around with it.
napasteve
Based on your first picture, that's a great find!
Shivers
Looks great. welcome.png
Spoke
welcome.png

Something tells me you may have an addiction when you buy a 914 and call it your first. Many here have or had multiple 914s. Welcome to the madness.
bkrantz
Well done! More photos please.
TP914
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Oct 17 2023, 01:59 PM) *

Welcome to 914World! Nice car. Be sure to bring it to Enderle and hang out with us!

When and where , not sure when it will be ready, but Iam in. Thx
SO.O.C914er
welcome.png welcome to our mid-engine madness!! As Eddy said there’s a whole group of us who get out on the weekends and can point you in the right direction for what you may need…. driving.gif
TP914
Thanks , getting stuff sorted out. May be a bit before iam up and running .
Freezin 914
welcome.png
second wind
Welcome aboard the nut ride of a lifetime.........where in So. Cal. are you? It is fun to help a new member get back on the road....plus we all have about 500 parts each we don't need "right now....will get to it later".....a definite sickness so beware.....comes on slow but then you are broke but have a nicely running 914 and lots of spare parts....and a bunch of new friends....spelled fiends.....
All the best,
gg
TP914
QUOTE(second wind @ Oct 18 2023, 07:44 PM) *

Welcome aboard the nut ride of a lifetime.........where in So. Cal. are you? It is fun to help a new member get back on the road....plus we all have about 500 parts each we don't need "right now....will get to it later".....a definite sickness so beware.....comes on slow but then you are broke but have a nicely running 914 and lots of spare parts....and a bunch of new friends....spelled fiends.....
All the best,
gg

Orange County, Fullerton
KELTY360
QUOTE(TP914 @ Oct 18 2023, 05:56 PM) *

QUOTE(second wind @ Oct 18 2023, 07:44 PM) *

All the best,
gg

Orange County, Fullerton

Cool! I bought a new ‘73 1.7 in Buena Park when I lived in Fullerton. Grew up in that town. Skyline Dr. was a great twisty in those days. La Habra Heights had a great selection of roads back in the day also. Lots of good 914 memories from those days.
TP914
I know skyline , live close bye. Grew up in LaHabra know the heights well also....
orthobiz
QUOTE(Spoke @ Oct 17 2023, 07:57 PM) *

welcome.png

Something tells me you may have an addiction when you buy a 914 and call it your first. Many here have or had multiple 914s. Welcome to the madness.

I'm down to "only" three myself!

Paul
Osnabruck914
Welcome to the "74 Club! I believe we have the most unique model year of the 914.

Osnabruck914
TP914
Agreed !
Stratfink
Welcome. I picked up my first 914 just about a year ago from a member here (a 75 2.0) And have been having fun. Look for the cars and coffee at the Enderle center in Tustin (usually posted by Steve). I don’t get there too often but look forward to seeing you there (I am close by in La Mirada BTW).

Cheers, Joe
TP914
Cool ! we have to get together ..
Big Len
Best of luck with her, she's a beauty.
Tonyooc
Nice car, I moved out of Fullerton, I was off of Panerama and Brea. There's alot of nice 914s around there to drive with.
930cabman
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Oct 19 2023, 11:16 AM) *

QUOTE(Spoke @ Oct 17 2023, 07:57 PM) *

welcome.png

I'm down to "only" three myself!

Paul

Having 6 local grandkids, I am trying to pass one to each. Still got a ways to go
TP914
Been a couple months of having the 914 worked over.
All hoses replaced fuel and vacuum
Brakes reworked , steel braided lines, master reworked
Alternator rebuilt, new injectors , coil, plug wires, most all rubber items replaced.
Its in the capable hands of a board member who has been going threw it , to get it back in shape. Its very close to getting done, and back on the road !
TP914
Also replaced shifter linkage with bronze bushings
TP914
I ll have more pics soon
TP914
First brake job, and new fuel pump
TP914
Fuel pump
TP914
Almost ready
bkrantz
Looks great!
friethmiller
I love the silver! Congrats and welcome!
Geezer914
Nice find, now the fun begins! Welcome to 914 World.
majkos1
QUOTE(friethmiller @ Jan 1 2024, 12:11 AM) *

I love the silver! Congrats and welcome!

Silver are Cool aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment

Welcome to Our Quirky world of 914's.

Root_Werks
That sure cleaned up nice! Looks great!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.