Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sonarsubman
Does anybody know if the new "Euro" style, 5 spoke wheel offered by California Imports (Cip1.com) will work on a '76 4 without any rub? The wheel is a 4 bolt x 130mm with a 4.5 inch backspace. The catalog number is C23-VW32ALU. The tech guys at Cip were not sure about the fit.
VegasRacer
idea.gif
Mueller
with a 205/50, those should fit the front just fine....I "think" they'll be too wide for bone stock, unmolested lip-intact rear fenders......can you get the offset? Looks like they have plenty of material to have them machined to have a perfect offset for stock fenders...
Hammy
Don't know about the spacing but...... i like those.
sonarsubman
The size is 15 x 6
Joe Ricard
I yes yes definately, 4 1/2 " back space is the same as Fuch 4 lugs. 195/50-15 for sure and a narrow section width 205/50-15..
NOT ALL TIRES ARE CREATED EQUAL
sonarsubman
Thanks for the responses. I hope to hear from someone who put them on their car.
Mueller
QUOTE (sonarsubman @ Aug 18 2005, 06:09 PM)
Thanks for the responses.  I hope to hear from someone who put them on their car.

well, if they are the only importers of the rim as they say, you'd think they'd know if they sold a set to a 914 person..... wacko.gif

you are the second person to post this question in the last few months, no one has responded saying they have tried them.....

I'd try to find if they sold a set to a bug guy somewhat local and see if you can test them on your car.

think you could downsize the attachment??? biggrin.gif
Brando
What's the size of the wheel? 15x5/6/7?
Mueller
QUOTE (Brando @ Aug 18 2005, 06:25 PM)
What's the size of the wheel? 15x5/6/7?

sonarsubman
Thanks for the information. Sorry, I didn't do the picture right.
Foster
icon_bump.gif
Just curious to see if there was any problems with the fit and wondering what they look like on the car?
reverie
We have a sub base in Missouri?

I guess that's kinda under the radar.
Foster
Protecting the waters of the central US!!

Must be working, haven't heard of any incidents at sea from those parts. flag.gif
STL914
QUOTE (reverie @ Dec 16 2005, 09:34 PM)
We have a sub base in Missouri?

I guess that's kinda under the radar.

Yeah, the base was built in MO after we had the great flood in 1993.
nomore9one4
Am I missing something? confused24.gif I still can not find a 914 or anything automotive related in that picture. I am just very curious as to why it was posted? ph34r.gif
reverie
It's a photo of an open stretch of the Mississippi River, and a girl standing on a bridge taking in the view. Good stuff, mate. Having spent a few years in the midwest, that brings back fond memories.

And it's a guy thing. beerchug.gif
tat2dphreak
I think these were brought up before, someone said they were beyond heavy!! IIRC
nomore9one4
QUOTE (reverie @ Dec 19 2005, 01:01 PM)
It's a photo of an open stretch of the Mississippi River, and a girl standing on a bridge taking in the view. Good stuff, mate. Having spent a few years in the midwest, that brings back fond memories.

And it's a guy thing. beerchug.gif

Oh,Ok! Heres a picture of my dog! He's mans best friend! It's a man's thing! Cheers!
Gint
QUOTE (sonarsubman @ Aug 18 2005, 06:09 PM)
Thanks for the responses.  I hope to hear from someone who put them on their car.

I had to resize that pic for ya. 800x600 works well.

I HATE horizontal scroll bars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.