Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle cable resistance feels like crap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
Just installed the throttle cable.
Adjusted for freeplay and Wide Open Throttle positioning.

The pedal sways to the left and the right when depressing pedal. I know that isn't right.

But there is too much resistance somewhere in the connection. When i had the cable disconnected to the carb it felt great. Under tension it feels like crap.

Is there something in the tunnel that I don't know about?

Much thanks.
Crazyhippy
the side to side freeplay i would guess is a broken hinge at the base of the pedal dry.gif

The stiff pedal might be the throttle cable wrapped around the clutch cable,
Too tight a bend at the firewall (possibly a kink)

That's where i would look 1st beer.gif
Dr. Roger
by chance does anyone know how to tell if it's wrapped round the clutch cable?

i took a look/feel and it just lays on the floor of the tunnel when disconnected. perhaps try one wrap CW around the clutch cable and then 2 times CCW??? unsure.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Aug 18 2005, 05:06 PM)
by chance does anyone know how to tell if it's wrapped round the clutch cable?

i took a look/feel and it just lays on the floor of the tunnel when disconnected. perhaps try one wrap CW around the clutch cable and then 2 times CCW??? unsure.gif

you should be able to see the clutch pedal move when you hit the gas and the other way around.....you could also get a mirror and a flashlight and "look" inside the tunnel, not too hard smile.gif
MikeP
when it happened to mine i'd push the clutch in and the engine would free rev. not good.
736conver
I had the same problem. I thought maybe I had a bad bushing in the cluster. I pulled the accelerator part of the cluster and found it was broken. The shaft had broken the weld and everytime you push on the pedal it would be pulling it sideways.
Replaced the pivot piece and it works like butter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.