Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Alternator parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Rob-O
Looking for the sealing ring that goes on the FRONT of the alternator. The one that fits between the front tin and the alternator. They’ve been NLA for a long time. There are some available from the Bus guys but they’re for the later Bus with the large cutout in the tin (~145mm). Our 914’s have a smaller opening in the tin (~115mm). This is the last part that is holding up my alternator replacement project.
Rob-O
Pics for attention

914Sixer
I thought 914Rubber was going to make these at one point. Got put on back burner?
GregAmy
It's for low-pressure cooling air leakage/sealing, so I'd suggest some judicious use of a Home Depot rubber/foam door seal would work...

I'm sure someone has someone sitting in a parts box somewhere, if you're in a bind.
Rob-O
Mark, I bought the nozzle from the fan housing to the alternator back plate from 914 Rubber. It came in a kit with the harness, fan belt and a cover for the access hole for the belt adjustment. Those little covers didn’t fit well so I cleaned up the one I had here (from Clay P. Actually). I looked but no seal on the 914Rubber website. If 914Rubber made them they’re not on the website (happens quite a bit with them).
Rob-O
Greg, not a bad idea but I’d like to use stock if possible. Hopefully someone has one.

I could use a clamp for the air cooling nozzle as well. I figure a regular worm clamp could work there. But again, would rather have stock if possible. At the moment I just have it zip tied on the alternator back plate.
Rob-O
Another attention/bump pic
Rick1952
I have both the sealing ring and the clamp that you have requested. PM me for price (make an offer) and shipping address.
Richard
worn
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Oct 25 2023, 08:45 AM) *

Another attention/bump pic

Very very nice looking restoration work.
Rick1952
Parts will be sent on Monday.
Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.