Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inner long repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boiledcabbage
Replacing the lower inch of my inner long (and most of the inner rocker) on the drivers side. I have a door brace, a brace from the front of the floor edge back to the firewall , and a couple separate braces at the corners. Car is on its tires, level, and gaps 25 and 1/8. Should this be ok? Am I just chicken?

Appreciate any advice.
930cabman
QUOTE(boiledcabbage @ Oct 28 2023, 09:19 AM) *

Replacing the lower inch of my inner long (and most of the inner rocker) on the drivers side. I have a door brace, a brace from the front of the floor edge back to the firewall , and a couple separate braces at the corners. Car is on its tires, level, and gaps 25 and 1/8. Should this be ok? Am I just chicken?

Appreciate any advice.

Do you have the ability to install the doors during the repair process to check for proper fit?

Whatever you do, check and double check. You do not want to have all the rust repairs completed only to find out the chassis is not straight
brant
You can’t do structural work with the car on its wheels on the ground

They are too far outboard and cause the center section to warp. Ultimately door gap problems

You need to support the chassis at the donuts or an inboard point that doesn’t cause the center to bow.

stoneman30hotmail
I don't see how you need to replace the lower part of the inner long and not need a floor etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.