Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for help in the Garden Grove CA area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
roundtwo
Hello fellow teeners,
Trying to line up the purchase of some Fuchs 15” wheels from the private seller in the Garden Grove area. I’m a little nervous about just sending money and hoping for the wheels to arrive at all, and in the condition they are supposed to be in which is essentially perfectly restored by Fuchs Restoration in the LA area.

Any volunteers to look at the wheels and sniff out the seller? He sounds legit, but you just never know.

Any advice on how to conduct this type of transaction would be helpful. I think PayPal has a service where I can hold back payment until I receive the wheels and inspect them but then the seller has to be comfortable with that too.

Oh, I live in Petaluma, CA

Todd

Todd.belforte@gmail.com

Click to view attachment
burton73
They look like they are refinished so I would ask for a copy of the workorder from Fuchsrestoration.com This would prove that they were done and that they are true. There prices are on the web so there is no reason for him to not give that to you.

If the price seems fare to you, you can go to the next step. It will cost you less to drive down to pick up the wheels than to ship them. You are not that far away IMHO

Or get a used set and send them out for refinishing. Have you thought of getting 16s

Best Bob B
bob164
I will take a look for you, PM me to discuss the details.
Bob
roundtwo
@burton73
@bob164

Thanks for the help.
I’ve asked the seller for a receipt of the work to ensure quality and that the Wheels aren't buggered up. Agreed, I prefer 16s due to the wider array of available tires. These 15s a much better price point, are available now and with the RS finish I want.

Bob, I’ll reach out to you if the deal looks like it can go through.

piratenanner.gif

SO.O.C914er
Todd PM Jim Hoyland I could be wrong I think these are the rims he was going to buy last month. idea.gif
jim_hoyland
The seller I talked to lived in FoothillRanch. And, I put an ad in our classifieds for the seller after I decided tropes.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=367500&hl=
I would recommend contacting this seller.
emerygt350
I would wait for 16s, they just have such a great look and stance, and I had to really search to find good tires back when I had 15s on my mustang. Tires were out there but everything was always "as good as you can get in 15" rather than "this is an excellent tire".

Click to view attachment
roundtwo
@burton73
@bob164
@jim_hoyland
@emerygt350

Hello, the wheels I'm looking at are not the ones in that add- different wheels and seller. 7 x15, and 8x15"

It seams there some are pretty good tires out there in 15's. Abundant choice doesn't really matter to me. A couple of very good choices is enough.

https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/vin...von-cr6zz.html

https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/vin...von-cr6zz.html

Mounting on a 914-6 with flares.
roundtwo
Click to view attachment
burton73
7 x 16s and 8 x 16s 911 part numbers

on my 6 number 41

Best BobClick to view attachment
Click to view attachment
roundtwo
QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 29 2023, 12:53 PM) *

7 x 16s and 8 x 16s 911 part numbers

on my 6 number 41

Best BobClick to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Looking good with Eric’s car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.