Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD!1970 1.7 complete engine and tranny combo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
JimmyG
I am starting to list some parts I have left for many years of 914 repair and restoration.
Almost all the stuff I have left is 70-71 from a -6 restoration and conversion car.

First on the list is an engine I removed 10-15 years ago from a car that I was using the interior. The engine has never been cranked and has been inside in a climate control garage It was removed from a Pennsylvania car that was rusty but as many of the cars from that climate the interior was nice.
The engine will not make a complete 4 stroke turn.
I took the plugs out of the distributor out the starter out and removed the valve covers.
what I found is
No seeable damage to the block
pistons all moving
cam apparently turning at distributor and I watch the valves moving as much as it would turn
did not see any valve drop or any damage at the head top.

I have several other projects going and do not have time to fool with this and am taking all of this in for my pricing.
I also am including in this a good set of 1.7 heat exchangers that I got from a different car all the shift linkage motor mounts fair muffler and all the other stuff pictured so someone can get this engine going again in an early car. I personally like the early ones better but that is debatable. personal preference really.
Let me know if you have any questions I will try to answer the best of my knowledge
Keep in mind for this part and some of the others I will be listing in the future will need you to pick-up only due to the difficulty in shipping.
$900 cash on pick-up
JimmyG
I have problems with this site only over the years. I have pics but phone pics are apparently are too large. any suggestions on this would be appreciated

Engine number is W0023146

If you are seriously interested I will be glad to forward the pics to you.

Jimmy
mepstein
You can usually email the pics to yourself and have an option to reduce the file to a smaller size.
JimmyG
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/oaotbxi7mh7hfmevcjr34/h?
rlkey=jxnwel7prhynyxzs4e47p3j63&dl=0

I hope this works
JimmyG
Thanks Mepstein. We will give that a go. I will have parts after this one to list.
JimmyG
bumping it up.
surely someone needs this.
JimmyG
Someone make me an offer on this. Surely its not to tall on the price.
Come and get it or can consider shipping but don't trust LTL.
JimmyG
Im bumping this up for tomorrow. Im shocked there is not people fooling around with the 1.7! Its a beefy motor.
I guess if someone wants this complete package I will ship it on a pallet.
how about some positive feedback.
JimmyG
Click to view attachment

Figured out how to put up a pic. Thanks for emailing advice Mepstein!
This is the engine. the oil in the pic is because I removed the valve cover and it was leaking bad.
come with an engine bar from a different engine
a nice set of original heat exchangers from a different engine
J tubes and other heating parts
the original muffler from the motor. poor condition
all the shift linkage from the engine
This engine is from Otis Jr #6911
Al Meredith
I believe that engine # is very early. That is the case that Jake says is stronger than the later ones. I can't remember but I think some early ones did not have the windage tray.
JimmyG
It Is Al! Thanks for pointing this out. Been a long time too! Glad your still working with the club. We are a couple guys that have been here for a long time!
I am open for a fair price. I just like to see these wonderful cars stay on the road. The 70-71 -4 cars are getting very rare.
JimmyG
Dropped the price. judged the price by eBay. I guess to high. Somebody come and get this
JimmyG
Dropped the price. judged the price by eBay. I guess to high. Somebody come and get this
JimmyG
Engine is sold!
I have almost perfect 70-71 complete dash
Early square rear bumper that needs refeb
Almost perfect 71 long grain interior complete with narrow mirror
other parts too that I will be listing soon.keep an eye out. I have been doing 914s and one -6 for a long time and have move to minis because of my kids.
I will post as soon as I can unless you PM me and come to Alabama to pick some stuff up!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.