Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennsport car badge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dgw
Car badges arrived today, I wish they had put what's on the badge on a T shirt, they really look good.
Click to view attachment
dgw

Ha! The threaded studs are a bit too fat to mount this on a 914 engine grill, at least on my 71.
Tonyooc
That's nice. Did you have to go to the event to get one
bkrantz
That's nice--I saw a couple in person at Rennsport.

But I am still annoyed at PCA for not making a Rennsport & sticker that goes on the inside of glass, like previous years.
SKL1
Would have liked one but no way I was standing in line for 3-4 hours for the privilege of buying one! The lines were crazy every day...
Did get into the Laguna store and got a couple things- only waited 10 minutes to get in there.
dgw
Tonyocc
I ordered them on the PCA website, did not buy them at the event.
bkranz
I'm annoyed at Porsche, not PCA, it was a Porsche event
sklt
not standing in line, I ordered them after the event from the PCA website.
Krieger
Wow! That is really nice looking!
AZBanks
https://www.pcawebstore.org/item/pca-rennsp...ion-grill-badge

Sorry, this item is currently not available.

Please try again later.
jhynesrockmtn
I snagged two off of the PCA website. The lines at Rennsport were insane. I talked to a guy from our local PCA club who has a T shirt from every Rennsport and waited in line for 5 hours only to find out they were sold out.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Oct 31 2023, 09:07 AM) *

I snagged two off of the PCA website. The lines at Rennsport were insane. I talked to a guy from our local PCA club who has a T shirt from every Rennsport and waited in line for 5 hours only to find out they were sold out.

they are all gone now....
Sm914650
Horrible merchandise event management, the normal event Tees were gone in a few hours first day. Porsche was more focused pushing high margin crap that wasnt selling online, and a bunch of goofy Euro-style t shirts after event tee sold. Just terrible management from whoever put that side of things together for Porsche. Wasted out on a lot of money to generate as well as an opportunity to keep the event in memory for event goers for years to come. I was pissed lol
VegasRacer
Agreed. agree.gif popcorn[1].gif The line to get in the merchandise tent was ridiculous.
I got a free event t-shirt for working a volunteer shift in corral parking and spent my money in the vendor area for a pair of Icicle, carbon fiber, high definition sun glasses. (They work fabulous in providing clarity in the coastal haze and fog.) I didn't really need another crest.gif hat, crest.gif shirt, or other crest.gif crap.
Cairo94507
I have to agree. I refused to wait in line for 3+ hours to enter the building. I did wait about 45 minutes to buy an event hat. Overall, the merchandising was very poorly handled. They should know how to do it better now. I would have loved one of the badges- but alas, did not happen. beerchug.gif
AZBanks
Porsche has screwed this up the last four RSR's

Each time they did not have enough sales space and they ran out of the most popular items.

Long lines and not enough product is just how they do things at RSR.
bkrantz
QUOTE(dgw @ Oct 30 2023, 09:35 PM) *

Tonyocc
I ordered them on the PCA website, did not buy them at the event.
bkranz
I'm annoyed at Porsche, not PCA, it was a Porsche event
sklt
not standing in line, I ordered them after the event from the PCA website.

Sorry, but the sticker was supposed to be produced by PCA, just like in 2018. In fact, I teased some senior people at the PCA booth, and they told me they decided not to make one.
PCA website just now lists 15 available used AZBANKS drop down reference
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.