Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lazy ass question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jackspratt
I have a few drain trays, no screws. What were used originally to fasten it. And any washers?. What about cheesehead screws?
Thanks, too lazy to research tonight.
bdstone914
QUOTE(jackspratt @ Oct 30 2023, 08:29 PM) *

I have a few drain trays, no screws. What were used originally to fasten it. And any washers?. What about cheesehead screws?

What do you mean by drain tray? The small plate thats 6mm bolts. The center plate tskes a special shouldered nut.both have a sealing washer.
jackspratt
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 30 2023, 08:32 PM) *

QUOTE(jackspratt @ Oct 30 2023, 08:29 PM) *

What do you mean by drain tray? The small plate thats 6mm bolts. The center plate tskes a special shouldered nut.both have a sealing washer.

I guess I mean the engine lid rain tray drip pan...
Mikey914
May be helpful on variants. Did a video on these
https://youtu.be/DOHFbNosH9Y
Found in our tribal wiki resource tab on page
doug_b_928
Interesting video. I didn’t know pop rivets were originally used to connect the rain tray to the brackets. On mine a PO had used cotter pins through the brackets and then the rain tray with a washer under the rain tray and then the pin bent. Seems to have worked really well and easily removed as needed. I’m a stickler for originality but on this one I might stick with the cotter pin method.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.