Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle setup for Dellorto carbs question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cassmcentee
Is this the correct position for the carb/throttle setup or do I need to flip the carbs and position the swivel forward?
Click to view attachment
cassmcentee
Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
Its backwards. To acivate the throttle the cable would have to push on the bell crank. It needs to be set up to pull.

Zach
cassmcentee
Thanks Zach, I see now that the cable comes from the opposite direction than what I assumed.
"Monkey with a Wrench" at it again! smile.gif
barefoot
Well, my cable comes from the front of the engine, so you're correct for that particular cable setup. confused24.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(cassmcentee @ Nov 3 2023, 06:08 AM) *

This is how I did it with a generic linkage from China (Aliexpress) which I upgraded somewhat, I messed around and got the geometry of the rods as close to operation in the horizontal open and closed position on the throttle arms it makes everything line up and because I used short inlet manifolds I had to factor that in also.
Rear mount this linkage and centred @ case join so pretty much even rods end to end ,fitted CB performance rod ends as were better than what came with the kit , they had a bit more play in them than I liked but were ok.
Checked throttle openings @ stops and came out even,a lot of work but turned out great.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Shivers
QUOTE(cassmcentee @ Nov 2 2023, 11:08 AM) *

Is this the correct position for the carb/throttle setup or do I need to flip the carbs and position the swivel forward?
Click to view attachment

When setting mine up the pivot location was set so the factory cable could be used. If you are using the stock cable you may want to check reach of the cable.
Pardon the mess
Click to view attachment
porschetub
[quote name='porschetub' date='Nov 4 2023, 07:10 AM' post='3111085']
[quote name='cassmcentee' post='3110958' date='Nov 3 2023, 06:08 AM']
Click to view attachment
[/quote]
This is how I did it with a generic linkage from China (Aliexpress) which I upgraded somewhat, I messed around and got the geometry of the rods as close to operation in the horizontal open and closed position on the throttle arms it makes everything line up and because I used short inlet manifolds I had to factor that in also.
Rear mount this linkage and centred @ case join so pretty much even rods end to end ,fitted CB performance rod ends as were better than what came with the kit , they had a bit more play in them than I liked but were ok.
Checked throttle openings @ stops and came out even,a lot of work but turned out great.
Pics added ;
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Cheers.
Spoke
Off topic of your linkage, when you paint the fan shroud, make sure to scrape paint off the mating surfaces to the case. Same with the alternator mounts. These mounting points are the electrical ground return for the alternator.
cassmcentee
I just got back from a job in Texas for Land Rover...
Thank you for all of the information!
Great note regarding the paint/ground...
Could see how I would've been stumped over that one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.