Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time to Quit the Game - My 71, 'HOWARD' is up for Sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
euro911
Reality has come to town - I'm out of the 914 game. It was fun while it lasted, but it's time to thin the herd and let someone else take over where I left off.

It's a '71 pretty much a rust free rolling shell now. Located in the Los Angeles South Bay area. Currently on Non-Op status, so no back fees.

I purchased it from the original owner in 2007 and have some of the original documentation.

The good:

The car was garaged in Palm Springs most of it's life, so the hell hole, the longs and floors, as well as the rest of the structural areas are actually in great shape. Even the tunnel is rust free.

The un-cracked dash, leather-wrapped steering wheel, carpets, driver seat, interior back pad and passenger seat, F & R targa pads are all in great shape for their age, still soft and supple.

Most of the components I removed to prep the car for minor bodywork & paint are also included: (headlights, tail lights, etc.). A lot of original and new parts are included in the sale, including a lot of new 914Rubber items I had purchased for it.

No windshield

No bumpers but comes with both original front and rear (snow-plow) valances (they're currently in AZ but will be getting them transported out here soon).

Has stock steel wheels with roller tires

A 'THOMAS' rebuilt tail-shift transaxle, and all the mounting parts are included

Motor and F.I. parts not included (already sold)

The bad:

It took a hit on the left side rear quarter. That caused the left trailing arm mounting ears to get pushed out of place a little bit and Im not skilled enough to fix it. I know there's some guys out here that have the mad skilz to tackle it.

There's some other minor dents that a skilled body guy can massage.

There's a little bit of rust in the left corner of the cowl where the trunk lid meets the cowl. Easy fix.

$4,000. firm - it's a rust free California car all it's life

It's currently on my flatbed trailer in California - can transport to a local buyer in the LA/Orange County areas for some gas $ shades.gif

What it used to look like, and can again shades.gif

Click to view attachment

As it sits today: I had prepped it to have some minor bodywork & paint done and was transporting to AZ when an unfortunate incident occurred and set the whole project on the back burner dry.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
blowup.gif head_hurts_kr.gif I really want that but I have too many ahead of any more projects. That's right in my wheelhouse.
euro911
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 3 2023, 05:38 PM) *
blowup.gif head_hurts_kr.gif I really want that but I have too many ahead of any more projects. That's right in my wheelhouse.
Hey Rick. Hope all is well back there in cold country very_first_smiley[1].gif

Yeah, all you guys with the nice Celette 914 fixtures are too far away to be financially prudent for me, and had come to Jesus moment. My 912 will have to be my w/e driver when it gets done, and I still have the Cayman & the Vanagon to play with driving.gif

The nice thing is that this 914 group doesn't discriminate against other models, or even other marques at 914 events (if I ever get to attend any more of them) first.gif

Best ...
... Mark
rick 918-S
QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 3 2023, 11:50 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 3 2023, 05:38 PM) *
Hey Rick. Hope all is well back there in cold country very_first_smiley[1].gif

Yeah, all you guys with the nice Celette 914 fixtures are too far away to be financially prudent for me, and had come to Jesus moment. My 912 will have to be my w/e driver when it gets done, and I still have the Cayman & the Vanagon to play with driving.gif

The nice thing is that this 914 group doesn't discriminate against other models, or even other marques at 914 events (if I ever get to attend any more of them) first.gif

Best ...
... Mark

I hear ya man. Believe me if there were a way I could make a deal on that car I would. Hope it gets to someone that can fix it.
jim_hoyland
Left a message on your VM, and I gave your number to a friend ( not a World member)
euro911
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 4 2023, 11:39 AM) *

Left a message on your VM, and I gave your number to a friend ( not a World member)

Thanks, Jim. I just responded to your message on World type.gif

I've been in & out in the shed today, trying to gather up all the parts I can find for the car, and the motor, and taking lots of pix. I'll have to go grab my phone call me.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 4 2023, 10:39 AM) *

My friend can’t do it; but it’s a great opportunity for someone looking for a good project.
GLWS
euro911
FYI, there are a LOT of new parts that go with the car. A LOT of new 914 Rubber seals & other misc goodies - I mean 'tubs full of stuff' aktion035.gif
fasthonda
This is tempting. Shipping kinda kills it for me. Just be great to have this in the garage as is. White and green are my favorite colors.

Great opportunity for someone.

If you could post some pictures of the bent trailing arm and attachment points would be helpful.

Mike
euro911
I'll be posting more pix of the car when I can - been busy taking care of my wife & dealing with all the parts sales - it's keeping me on my toes dancing.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.