Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine opinion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thunderchief
I need opinions on something please. In addition to my current 914 3.0, I just acquired a cosmetically deficient orange 914 3.6 that I want to do a high end build for resale. For this orange 914 build, which engine do you think would be better? I could do a transplant race build on the 3.0 or leave in the stock 3.6? Both of them would have similar horsepower.
914werke
Just to be clear you are referring to 3.0 & 3.6L /6 conversions?
Thunderchief
That is correct
gereed75
Narrow body or flairs?
mepstein
The current market makes it hard to build a car on spec that sells for more than the cost of the parts. I’m not saying it can’t be done but it’s much harder than building for a customer. Either way, good luck with the build. beerchug.gif
brant
I’d leave the 3.6 in and spend money on the trans and suspension
porschetub
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 5 2023, 10:25 AM) *

The current market makes it hard to build a car on spec that sells for more than the cost of the parts. I’m not saying it can’t be done but it’s much harder than building for a customer. Either way, good luck with the build. beerchug.gif

agree.gif 100% ,cheers
Thunderchief
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Nov 4 2023, 03:21 PM) *

Narrow body or flairs?

It would be steel flared
rick 918-S
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
SirAndy
A race build 3.0L needs constant attention and won't last long.

A stock 3.6L is turn key, starts at any altitude and will run for many years with little maintenance.

I had my 3.6L for almost 20 years now. All i've done to it is change the oil.
shades.gif
rhodyguy
For a flip put the least amount into it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.