Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT, way off, Why you should stay off Facebook Marketplace
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
Late on a Friday night my son Max and I saw this, by Saturday it was on the trailer....
914Sixer
Shit happens! smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
Damn, that's ugly ...
icon8.gif
emerygt350
It's like a Chrysler threw up.
73-914
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Nov 4 2023, 08:18 PM) *

Coming from somebody who drives a Chalon av-943.gif lol-2.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 4 2023, 04:09 PM) *

Damn, that's ugly ...
icon8.gif

Yeah, but the kids love it when I drop them off at school.
NARP74
Maybe stay off the alcohol and the keyboard.
Spoke
Nice score.

A guy in my old neighborhood has a late 1960s RR in his quonset hut. Also has a 1972 Corvette with less than 10k miles on it. Both are buried in other tons of crap and will likely be featured on a 'barn find' show in the future He gave me a tour of his stash a couple of years ago.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Nov 4 2023, 08:32 PM) *

Damn, that's ugly ...
icon8.gif

Well, apparently Porsche’s destruction of the marque is complete when kids would rather been seen in a fake Rolls than a real Porsche. sad2.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Nov 5 2023, 08:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Nov 4 2023, 08:32 PM) *

Damn, that's ugly ...
icon8.gif

Well, apparently Porsche’s destruction of the marque is complete when kids would rather been seen in a fake Rolls than a real Porsche. sad2.gif

They like to get dropped off in the Porsches too, but the Rolls Roids, what my daughter calls it, is the newest edition.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Nov 5 2023, 05:01 PM) *

Rolls Roids…

That’s awesome av-943.gif
Front yard mechanic
If you can put a Ferrari motor in a 914 you should be able to stick a Rolls in there. I say yank that mill and go for it
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Nov 5 2023, 01:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Nov 5 2023, 05:01 PM) *

Rolls Roids…

That’s awesome av-943.gif

Teenagers have their moments.
Txbentleyboy
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Nov 4 2023, 03:58 PM) *

Late on a Friday night my son Max and I saw this, by Saturday it was on the trailer....

What is it?
porschetub
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Nov 5 2023, 01:29 PM) *

Maybe stay off the alcohol and the keyboard.

agree.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif what a polished turd .
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Txbentleyboy @ Nov 5 2023, 06:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Nov 4 2023, 03:58 PM) *

What is it?

A Chrysler 300, built for a movie that did little.
rhodyguy
The 300s were really expensive when new.
GregAmy
QUOTE(73-914 @ Nov 4 2023, 07:25 PM) *

QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Nov 4 2023, 08:18 PM) *

Coming from somebody who drives a Chalon av-943.gif lol-2.gif

Someone's gonna need some salve for that burn... beerchug.gif
Unobtanium-inc
Final piece of the puzzle, had to come all the way from Portugal!
Superhawk996
av-943.gif

That’s funny because that was the one thing in your OP. Who has a Rolls Roids and rolls up at the country club without center caps?

Much more legit now happy11.gif
ClayPerrine
It's a Rolls-Canardly......

Rolls down one hill, can hardly make it up the next.

("I will be here all week. Tip the veal. Try your waitress.")
technicalninja
Sorry guys, the basic car (Chrysler 300) I LOATHE.

Parts are just different enough that other Chrysler stuff will not work and a whole bunch of stuff is NLA.

I need an HVAC controller for one of those. No Longer available...

Most of those cars will head to the junkyard due to a lack of electronic parts.

The car will not be worn out, just un-repairable due to unobtanium parts...

This will be much less of an issue for this owner as he is used to fabrication/modification but for your normal un-skilled owners this is a black hole that sooner THAN later will be inopt IMO...

I have a 2017 Ram Promaster. I love it due to its capabilities. Parts are already a serious problem, and it breaks down far more often than it should. It has 38k on it now and if I didn't fix it myself, I'd be a pissed off consumer.

Example of a current problem. one of the parking brake shoes exploded for no reason.
Aftermarket shoes ($35) did not fit, Chrysler shoes ($250) are exceedingly expensive.
I'll have to modify the cheap shoes to make this work. Had the original stuff lasted 200k I'd be fine with their price.
I had to order 4 driver's window regulators before I was able to get the correct part.
6 months without a driver's window was the result of this.

Fiat bought Chrysler for a dollar in 2008. They had to assume their debt.
Chrysler parts prices have tripled since 2008.

I needed a thermostat for a 13 Cummins Turbo Diesel Ram truck, $290 and it's not part of a housing, just a simple t-stat...

Good luck with your Chrysler. I'm guessing a real Rolls Royce might be more dependable and maybe cheaper in the long run...
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(technicalninja @ Nov 17 2023, 06:30 AM) *

Sorry guys, the basic car (Chrysler 300) I LOATHE.

Parts are just different enough that other Chrysler stuff will not work and a whole bunch of stuff is NLA.

I need an HVAC controller for one of those. No Longer available...

Most of those cars will head to the junkyard due to a lack of electronic parts.

The car will not be worn out, just un-repairable due to unobtanium parts...

This will be much less of an issue for this owner as he is used to fabrication/modification but for your normal un-skilled owners this is a black hole that sooner THAN later will be inopt IMO...

I have a 2017 Ram Promaster. I love it due to its capabilities. Parts are already a serious problem, and it breaks down far more often than it should. It has 38k on it now and if I didn't fix it myself, I'd be a pissed off consumer.

Example of a current problem. one of the parking brake shoes exploded for no reason.
Aftermarket shoes ($35) did not fit, Chrysler shoes ($250) are exceedingly expensive.
I'll have to modify the cheap shoes to make this work. Had the original stuff lasted 200k I'd be fine with their price.
I had to order 4 driver's window regulators before I was able to get the correct part.
6 months without a driver's window was the result of this.

Fiat bought Chrysler for a dollar in 2008. They had to assume their debt.
Chrysler parts prices have tripled since 2008.

I needed a thermostat for a 13 Cummins Turbo Diesel Ram truck, $290 and it's not part of a housing, just a simple t-stat...

Good luck with your Chrysler. I'm guessing a real Rolls Royce might be more dependable and maybe cheaper in the long run...

Yeah, like the 300 idea of incorporating the radio antenna into the rear window. My radio doesn't pick up stations and the only option is a new rear window at $800. Nope, I'll just use my phone music.
technicalninja
There's gonna be a bunch of crap like that.

You will adapt and overcome but most folks don't have your skills...
Unobtanium-inc
All the aftermarket stuff isn't pricey. I wanted to replace the tinted rear tail lights. Cheap, $120 shipped!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.