Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring for New Fuel Pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Boothy
Hello All,
I have a '74 where I've removed the FI and added carbs. The tank is out and the fuel cell is in place (in the spare well). I've read from others about mounting the CB Performance pump down near the rack -fine.

Since the fuel pump on this year was back in the engine bay/firewall, how have those of you who have done this routed the wiring up front -or did you tap into the fuse box?

Thanks in advance!
914werke
To avoid the inevitable DAPO references it is always advisable to keep it as close to stock wiring & operation as possible.
Its pretty simple to run a a jacketed dbl wire (+/-) through the tunnel to the steer rack area connecting it to the OE fuel pump wiring in the rear.
Then ground the circuit from the 4 pin connector at the back of the relay board per the
thread:
conversion from EFI to carbs

Boothy
Awesome!!!! Thank you!

pray.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(914werke @ Nov 7 2023, 07:09 AM) *

To avoid the inevitable DAPO references it is always advisable to keep it as close to stock wiring & operation as possible.
Its pretty simple to run a a jacketed dbl wire (+/-) through the tunnel to the steer rack area connecting it to the OE fuel pump wiring in the rear.
Then ground the circuit from the 4 pin connector at the back of the relay board per the
thread:
conversion from EFI to carbs

agree.gif thats the way ,I did it a little differant but to same result ,nice to retain the original stuff in the relay board IMO, keeps it simple ,as not that hard to do .
My earth lead has a breaker switch I put in for security and helpful for draining tank etc also.
Cheers .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.