Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: is anyone running a 123 distributor on their stock 914-6?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yellowporky
I am looking at trying the 123 for my 70 914-6 and wanted to hear any feedback from anyone who is using this product.
Thank you
Chris
sixnotfour
I put one in a 71 911T, replaced a seized Marelli... Works Great ....
yellowporky
Good to know, thanks
I just ordered one
jhynesrockmtn
I put one in my GT Tribute/vintage racer. The motor is a 6 based on a factory 914-6 case with webers.

It replaced an electromotive crank fire setup. I would have probably left that as is but was told I might have a tough time with tech. Crank fire setups not allowed.

Works great. I have two others in 4 cylinder cars with Djet.

Click to view attachment

roundtwo
@yellowpig
@jhynesrockmtn

I purchased a 123 Bluetooth. Need to change out some wiring to accommodate it.

Programming the correct advance curve is the critical issue. Or if you go with a non-Bluetooth version, there is an assortment of pre-programmed advance curves you can select.

I’m just starting to look for the right one for my 1976 3.0. Euro Carrera engine. Essentially, it’s a 2.7 with bigger barrels. I had a recent 914 get together amd met a very knowledgeable Kevin. He noted for a streetcar, utilizing the vacuum advance is most beneficial. No so important on a track care since you’re not running lower and mid range RPMs often. I have Pmo’s without any vacuum ports so that next step to install vacuum ports on the intake manifold could take some time.

I’d like to find a timing advance curve that will work for now.

I’ll share what I can find

Click to view attachment
yellowporky
@jhynesrockmtn
@roundtwo
Thank you guys for sharing. Mine arrives on thursday and will try to get it installed on the weekend. Fingers crossed
Robarabian
When you plumb the vacuum, please share how you do it. I have a manifold with a vacuum port but only on one side. Some say you need it on both manifolds and so I am interested in how you end up doing it. 123 and Weber both say you don't need the vacuum, but I think it is beneficial.

QUOTE(roundtwo @ Nov 7 2023, 03:33 PM) *

@yellowpig
@jhynesrockmtn

I purchased a 123 Bluetooth. Need to change out some wiring to accommodate it.

Programming the correct advance curve is the critical issue. Or if you go with a non-Bluetooth version, there is an assortment of pre-programmed advance curves you can select.

I’m just starting to look for the right one for my 1976 3.0. Euro Carrera engine. Essentially, it’s a 2.7 with bigger barrels. I had a recent 914 get together amd met a very knowledgeable Kevin. He noted for a streetcar, utilizing the vacuum advance is most beneficial. No so important on a track care since you’re not running lower and mid range RPMs often. I have Pmo’s without any vacuum ports so that next step to install vacuum ports on the intake manifold could take some time.

I’d like to find a timing advance curve that will work for now.

I’ll share what I can find

Click to view attachment

yellowporky
@Robarabian
my mechanic friend told me that you only need the one port for the vacuum signal so you should be good to go. Unfortunately my stock webbers do not have a port installed and i am not going to bother tapping one in for now.
mb911
I run a 123 and used the port then not. It does almost nothing. That was echoed by 123usa as well
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.