Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacement skid pan rubber available?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
No big but my steering rack skid pan rubber seals are showing their age....over 50 years old and I am 68 years old....I guess I win if I find a replacement?? Please let me know if there is a decent replacement and thank you very much!
All the best,
gg
burton73
QUOTE(second wind @ Nov 8 2023, 04:44 PM) *

No big but my steering rack skid pan rubber seals are showing their age....over 50 years old and I am 68 years old....I guess I win if I find a replacement?? Please let me know if there is a decent replacement and thank you very much!
All the best,
gg

I think 914 rubber has them

Bob B
mepstein
QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 8 2023, 07:50 PM) *

QUOTE(second wind @ Nov 8 2023, 04:44 PM) *

All the best,
gg

I think 914 rubber has them

Bob B

One of the first parts (of many) that I bought from them.
second wind
So they do have them available..$17.00.....thank you very much for the tip....are they any good? Length, appearance, etc.?? I appreciate the reviews...thank you very much!!
gg
jim_hoyland
While you’re in there: if you get the bolts out, reinstall them with never-size. Mine were so rusty, they wouldn’t turn….
second wind
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 9 2023, 07:40 PM) *

While you’re in there: if you get the bolts out, reinstall them with never-size. Mine were so rusty, they wouldn’t turn….

Nice tip....thank you Jim...plus I like your car as car of the month for as long as it stays there....forever is fine by me....nice car!!! Plush!!!
gg
76-914
I just installed a set on my restoration project from 914 rubber. They're fine. They will need to be bent for the curvature and cut to length. You can bend them by hand and tin snips will cut them since there is a metal strip inside the rubber. I'll order another set soon because I never knew there was a front & rear seal. Both of my other 914's only had the front one as long as I've owned them. I learn something new every day I work on these cars.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(second wind @ Nov 9 2023, 07:56 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 9 2023, 07:40 PM) *

Nice tip....thank you Jim...plus I like your car as car of the month for as long as it stays there....forever is fine by me....nice car!!! Plush!!!
gg

Thank you.
One other thought. I cut a hole for access to access the brakes MC reset button
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.