Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any other Corvette owners?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bee Jay
My other toy is a '79 L-82 Corvette. Any other Vette owners with 914s. Is there a Corvette forum that even comes close to this in quality. I would like to visit it.
Bee Jay
zymurgist
'77 4-speed, Gymkhana suspension, former L48, now has 355 with iron Vortec heads. I spent 3 years doing a complete mechanical rebuild of the Orange Shark, and now I realize I can never sell it.

You might try corvetteforum.com... the C3 section has a lot of knowledgeable folks out there, and anything you're trying to do to your car, someone else has already done that to theirs, and they're willing to share their experience.
spare time toys
QUOTE (zymurgist @ Aug 19 2005, 06:42 AM)
You might try corvetteforum.com... the C3 section has a lot of knowledgeable folks out there, and anything you're trying to do to your car, someone else has already done that to theirs, and they're willing to share their experience.

agree.gif When I had my Vette I used the forum all the time. I sold almost all my parts there. A bunch of good guys there and lots of get togethers.
bd1308
my dad has a 79 vette, but it needs to be seriously re-done.

i dont think that will happen, i'll probably end up buyin it from him to restore...
johnmhudson111
I sold this about 6 months ago.
Bee Jay
Nice Vette Ken. Do you miss yours John? Here is mine:
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p...98455&members=1
I split my time in the garage between the 914 and Vette, untill I get my Ferrari. I will try the corvetteforum.com.
Bee Jay
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Bee Jay @ Aug 22 2005, 12:39 PM)
Nice Vette Ken. Do you miss yours John? Here is mine:
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p...98455&members=1
I split my time in the garage between the 914 and Vette, untill I get my Ferrari. I will try the corvetteforum.com.
Bee Jay

The C5 was a very nice car but I was no more passionate about driving it than my truck. I mean it was just a car, yea a fast very cool looking car but it just didn't have that special something. My dad's 01 996 is the same way, cool car but it is just a car. His 356 is a very cool car that has that special something, at least to me it does.
Allan
Joe Sharp has a '77...
zymurgist
Bee Jay,

I too have a set of '86 wheels, almost pristine. I bought them because I wanted to go with 16 inch wheels, but after I "finished" the car I realized that nobody would ever be able to see my nice red calipers through the wheels. So the '86 wheels have never been on my car. I'd like to put American Racing 17" Torq-Thrust II's on the car, but I'm holding out for an original grey finish rather than the polished aluminum... bright wheels just don't look right to me on an older car.

Nice ride, BTW. I like the "less popular" colors on Vettes... Torch Red just seems to be a dime a dozen around here.
Ferg
I come from a "vette family" so to speak, both brother and father love them. I've never owned one personally but here's the list i've had the opportunity to do burnouts in laugh.gif burnout.gif

1968 427 435hp Vert (brothers first vette, a solid #3 Driver)

1971 LTI Vert (brothers second vette, sold recently greatly missed)

1982 (the silver fade special edition, forgot the correct name)

1984 Red (first one in delivered in western MI, father is a dealer more attention than a ferrari at the time, overheated day two rolleyes.gif )

1987 Dark Bronze color Glass roof

1989 Red Glass Roof

1991 Burgandy Glass Roof

1993 Polo Green Glass Roof (my prom car wub.gif )

1997 Red Vert

2001 Red Vert (Only one still around about 19k on it by now)

2006 Z06 (on order, dad's running his mouth on how he's going to somke me in a auto x)

Nice cars, if they could get the interior right rolleyes.gif .

Ferg

J P Stein
I had a 58 back in the early 70s....kinda ratty.
Built a 327 starting with a 350 hp ....but hotted it up some.
Rebuilt the trans, steering & suspension & put some Mickey Thompson fat boys. on 7 & 8 inch Americans........I see a trend here biggrin.gif. Started taking off the paint as it was about .06 thick & cracking. Ran pretty gud. The wife got in the family way, the Vette got solt fer cheep and no mo hotrods for 25 years.....give or take sad.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE (Ferg @ Aug 22 2005, 05:40 PM)

2006 Z06 (on order, dad's running his mouth on how he's going to somke me in a auto x)

Yeah right!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.