Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody Know This 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
klink
Ran into this '72 914 for sale. 2.0L with webers. Side shifter tranny. Looks pretty nice. Needs some work, but very little. Spoke to owner yesterday and going to see it this weekend. Just wondering if anyone has any background on this car. Considering the choices made building this car, I would have to believe somebody out there had something to do with it. Owner is well aquainted with 914s and I would be amazed if not a club member. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
bd1308
looks good.

no drip tray, i'd get one put on....

i think i might have one fer ya if you buy the car....
klink
Good Eye! This deal comes with lots of parts, drip tray included. I do appreciate the offer though. I need another car like I need a hole in the head, but more is better, Right?
bd1308
i have a daily driver and a (sshh...) stalled project car.....

if i may add one thing you are missing:

where's the VTEC sticker, i have one, and i pull from the line so much faster...it works...
Aaron Cox
awesome looking ride. why is it sitting so high? no motor? wink.gif
redshift
Aaron, it's not high, that is what stock sized tires look like, with the nose in full droop.

smile.gif

M
Andyrew
When I bought my car 3 years ago... it had a Honda power sticker on it.......
Hammy
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Aug 18 2005, 11:41 PM)

blink.gif That's a crime.
jd74914
QUOTE (Hammy @ Aug 19 2005, 03:10 AM)
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Aug 18 2005, 11:41 PM)

blink.gif That's a crime.

Once a rice burner always a rice burner. lol2.gif

I feel for you icon8.gif
sanman
is tha a 67-69 camero parked in front of that 914 cool.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (sanman @ Aug 19 2005, 09:16 AM)
is tha a 67-69 camero parked in front of that 914 cool.gif

Looks like a 68 RS to me. 69 had different bumpers, and the RS didn't have a white backup light in the taillight.

klink
'67 Camaro, that's how this all started. My Brother has a '64 427 Corvette so the deal is the 914 plus the Camaro plus some cash for the Vette. My Brother knows I'm into 914s so he turns me on to the deal. Now I'm just dealing direct on the 914 and the rest of the deal will hopefully work out to everyones satisfaction. Oh, and the height of the rear end of the 914. I talked to the owner and he said he put bilstiens on the rear and it raised the back end. Seems strange to me but not to worry there are ways to bring it down closer to level with the front. This car has 911 front suspension and supposedly no rust issues. Gonna take a look at it this weekend, hopefully it all works out. Oh, and the Camaro I think is an SS or at the least an RS.
Marv's3.6six
BTW /6's have no drip trays.
mack914
It's Cali, you don't need no stinkin' drip tray. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
redshift
QUOTE (klink @ Aug 19 2005, 10:40 PM)
My Brother has a '64 427 Corvette so the deal is the 914 plus the Camaro plus some cash for the Vette.

laugh.gif Is he falling for it?

Vette's drive 'interestingly' unsure.gif until '66, and where'd that motor come from? cool_shades.gif

G'luck! Is that thing is an any*S*, and has the right motor, someone is getting a good deal. wink.gif

M
Maltese Falcon
Did someone say Camaro ? This is my old '69 SS350 @ Lions Dragstrip in Long Beach Ca. Note the optional front "Endura" color matched bumper and the custom tow-bar receivers I fabb'd up. The car was a consistent tropy runner in the G/ OA class smilie_pokal.gif
Dirt lot is what is today- Mt. Olympus homes in hollywood hills , and the view of L.A. didn't have much of a skyline !
Marty
Maltese Falcon
...nuther- It's a Muscle Car thing cool.gif
Marty
TravisNeff
Outside of a 914 my other alltime favorite cars are 69 camaros and 70 mustang fastbacks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.