Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 2.0L Engine Tin Set Update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Just got an update saying the new 2.0L engine tin will be finished in Jan 2024. I will keep you posted when I get set #1. Going to be offered raw or correct color powder coated. Pricing when it becomes available.
JeffBowlsby
‘Correct’ would be baked enamel, no primer. Offered raw would allow choices.
Jonathan Livesay
My $.02 the economy of scale would suggest that offering them powdercoated would make it less expensive than buying it raw and taking it to a powdercoater after the purchase. Most of us are CSOB's so nice looking pieces for less seems like a no brainer. Sell raw ones as well at a somewhat lower price for the concours crowd.
ThinAir
I'm excited to see this
Txbentleyboy
Following. mad.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(Jonathan Livesay @ Nov 15 2023, 05:34 AM) *

My $.02 the economy of scale would suggest that offering them powdercoated would make it less expensive than buying it raw and taking it to a powdercoater after the purchase. Most of us are CSOB's so nice looking pieces for less seems like a no brainer. Sell raw ones as well at a somewhat lower price for the concours crowd.

Cost (final) will an issue as used ones can be found and even if damaged can be repaired ,finish ? well thats up to the buyer but Jeff made a good point,besides if thats all they used surely a zinc primer and some good enamel topcoat ....paint has come a long since.
Cheers.
JeffBowlsby
There’s the rub. Used original 2.0L 914 tin, are unobtanium in any condition. Making these available again is phenomenal.

Are these the full sets of tins, the dozen or so pieces, or something less? Which pieces are included?

@914sixer
914Sixer
I know he will be making the early warm air guides from block to heat exchangers in addition to the top tins. I sent patterns for those. That is all I know about. May be more to come or discussed.
aharder
Interested in these for my 2056 build biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.