Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (F/S) RESTORED Bowlsby Fuel Injection Harness for '70~'72 'W' Code 1.7L+ Motors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
euro911
Yes, a fully restored F.I. harness from the master himself, Jeff Bowlsby pray.gif

It's a work of art that I should frame and hang on the wall laugh.gif

Since our '71 914, 'HOWARD' (dedicated to the late Howard Dranow) was to be my wife's car, no expense was spared to buy the best parts to restore the car to actually better than factory new condition. Alas, all the best laid plans were squelched for multiple reasons, mainly because of my wife's health, she'd never get to drive it sad.gif

Well, feast your eyes on this beauty:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Note, its wired for the 4-pin Throttle Position Sensor

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

OK, now for the shocker ... yikes.gif

Click to view attachment

Price Reduction

$491.40 Shipped and insured for the full amount (CONUS)

$525. (OBO) shipped
JeffBowlsby
This harness can be easily converted to the 72-73 5-pole TPS for a small cost.
euro911
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Nov 13 2023, 03:43 PM) *

This harness can be easily converted to the 72-73 5-pole TPS for a small cost.

Good to know that, Jeff. Any prospective buyer can contact you if they need the modification. Seems like maybe 1 additional wire and a 5-pin TPS connector is all that's needed? Just bummed that I won't get a chance to install the harness on 'HOWARD'.

Click to view attachment

Over the past 16 years since acquiring the car, I purchased all the best/premium parts to restore the unmolested/rust free car to 'better than new' for my wife driving-girl.gif

Richard (Type 4 Unleashed) and I built the tired 1.7L into a 1.9L with all the good internals, rebuilt [1.7, 1.8 & 2.0L] injectors, a THOMAS built side-shift transaxle, all new PMB calipers, full tan interior stuff from Mark (914 Rubber), a great pair of 2.0L SSIs and a new banana muffler, and re-chromed bumpers with new rubber tops. Still have a nice set of ATS Classic wheels that I'll be listing too.

The journey has been great, but sometimes life pitches curve balls that drastically change the outcome of the game dry.gif

Thanks for chiming in beer.gif
JeffBowlsby
All TPS are 4 wires, no need to add a wire, just change the 4-pole connector to a 5 pole connector and change the boot. The 5th cavity of a 5-pole TPS is empty.
euro911
Price Reduction

$491.40 Shipped (CONUS)
sjhenry1075
Is this still for sale?
euro911
Sorry for the late response - PM sent type.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.