Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 914-4 rear brake pads?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom1394racing
What rear pads should I use that will fit the thick top caliper retaining pin? All the pads I see that match the 914-352-923-01 P/N seem to show the small lug hole on the pads. I would like to avoid having to enlarge the top hole on the pads.
Shivers
I’d call Eric at PMB. If anyone can… Link : https://pmbperformance.com/
brant
I’d just buy the good street pads (r4s?) over stock pads even if you have to enlarge the hole
914Sixer
99% of the time you have to drill out rear pads to fit pin.
Tom1394racing
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 15 2023, 04:50 PM) *

Thanks Guys...That is what I will do.
fixer34
QUOTE(Tom1394racing @ Nov 15 2023, 04:58 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 15 2023, 04:50 PM) *

Thanks Guys...That is what I will do.

Yep, that's what I've had to do over the years. Just remember to drill out two 'lefts' and two 'rights' as you look at the pads face up.
bkrantz
What do you have on the front? I would not want mine to be too different.
Tom1394racing
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Nov 15 2023, 08:28 PM) *

What do you have on the front? I would not want mine to be too different.

My fronts are 911 S calipers.
mskala
The 914-6 rear pads are the same size as the 914-4 front pads (early I think? instead of late).

So, you can either find 2 more small pins (1 for each side) or just turn down the ones you have in a lathe.

Back in the day I bought the PMB Aluminum copy of the 914-6 rear calipers and made
some aluminum pins (to save weight biggrin.gif ) (All thin pins to fit the standard holes)
Click to view attachment
Mark S.
Tom1394racing
QUOTE(mskala @ Nov 16 2023, 06:14 PM) *

The 914-6 rear pads are the same size as the 914-4 front pads (early I think? instead of late).

So, you can either find 2 more small pins (1 for each side) or just turn down the ones you have in a lathe.

Back in the day I bought the PMB Aluminum copy of the 914-6 rear calipers and made
some aluminum pins (to save weight biggrin.gif ) (All thin pins to fit the standard holes)
Click to view attachment
Mark S.

Thanks Mark

I have several NOS sets of SWB 911 pads. I took one set and drilled out the holes with my drill press. Seemed easy enough and fit well. However, my rebuilt calipers from PMB came without the inner adjusters. I am waiting for a set from them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.