Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Re-wiring ignition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
Wellp, I'm not having much of a problem with these diagrams... I'm just having an issue identifying two lines.

They're right by the starter, two gray electrical lines. I can't find them on the 1975+ current track diagrams.

My current track diagram tells me I should have a yellow line come from the ignition switch to my starter. Newp, not there...

Help?
bondo
Gray wires? Could they be reverse light switch wires? They come out down there somewhere. Can't help you with the missing yellow wire, it should be there.. maybe broke off inside the harness somewhere?
SLITS
Reading a '74 current flow (didn't bother getting '75/'76)

Grey w/ brown stripe......backup lights

How 'bout yellow wire from seat belt interlock (term #50) to 14 pin connector (pin 1) on relay panel to 12 pin connector (pin 6) on relay panel to starter (via engine harness)
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Brando @ Aug 19 2005, 07:14 AM)
Wellp, I'm not having much of a problem with these diagrams... I'm just having an issue identifying two lines.

They're right by the starter, two gray electrical lines. I can't find them on the 1975+ current track diagrams.

My current track diagram tells me I should have a yellow line come from the ignition switch to my starter. Newp, not there...

Help?

Exactly what are you trying to do? I'm sure we can point you in the right direction. Gimme the current track numbers you're looking at while you're at it. The Cap'n
Brando
I'm trying to run a wire from the ignition switch to a relay, to my starter solenoid -- bypassing the ECU and CHT that disallows starting (hot-start cutoff).

Problem is I can't find the line that comes from the ignition switch to the starter. Or to the ECU/relay board for that matter.

Circuit 50 (yellow wire) comes from the ignition in the start position to a 14-pole plug, to a 12-pole plug, to the starter solenoid. Or, that's how current track shows it.

I can't find this mysterious yellow wire at all. Would it be better to run my own line from the ignition switch to the starter and say screw it with the wiring diagram?? It looks hacked so far...
lapuwali
The yellow wire should come off pin 6 on the 12 pin connector, coming into the relay board at pin 1 at the 14 pin connector. The wire is also yellow at the ignition switch itself. There should be two wires on the back of the starter solenoid, a thin one (which should be yellow, and is the wire you want), and a thick one, which should go over the gearbox and through the tin to the battery.

Wire insulation often changes color over time, so look for the wires where they should be, and not so much the color.

The no-hot-start stuff must be '75 only. It doesn't show up on the earlier wiring diagrams.
Brando
I'll look under there again. All I have is the big red wire from the battery, and a thick red wire going to the solenoid.

All I know is ... it aint werkin rite so ima go unner der an fiks it. Tem der wyres is missun too. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.