Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best lubrication for pedal board/clutch cabal wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
Good morning out there.....so I have cleaned up my pedal cluster and have a new clutch cable to install......grease makes everything move so nice but attracts dirt and grit...I even made a clutch wheel cover since the wheel is so close to the ground....I believe it worked pretty well.....what do you guys use to keep things moving nice and clean??
Thank you,
gg
NARP74
I just heard of this stuff. Have not tried it yet, but will investigate further.
https://www.inoxmx.com/products/mx4-lanox-lanolin-lubricant/

Flyinlow
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Nov 18 2023, 08:27 AM) *

I just heard of this stuff. Have not tried it yet, but will investigate further.

This might sound crazy but… non stick cooking spay keeps grime and sand from accumulating on rv jacks and I’ve had good success with it WTF.gif
87m491
QUOTE(second wind @ Nov 18 2023, 08:23 AM) *

Good morning out there.....so I have cleaned up my pedal cluster and have a new clutch cable to install......grease makes everything move so nice but attracts dirt and grit...I even made a clutch wheel cover since the wheel is so close to the ground....I believe it worked pretty well.....what do you guys use to keep things moving nice and clean??
Thank you,
gg

Doesn't the clutch cable come in a low friction sheath? How many decades did the previous one last? I'm hesitant to over lube or over think cables, but then I live in the northeast where lube in the summer can be friction device in the winter. BTDT.
second wind
QUOTE(87m491 @ Nov 27 2023, 01:44 PM) *

QUOTE(second wind @ Nov 18 2023, 08:23 AM) *

Thank you,
gg

Doesn't the clutch cable come in a low friction sheath? How many decades did the previous one last? I'm hesitant to over lube or over think cables, but then I live in the northeast where lube in the summer can be friction device in the winter. BTDT.

Thank you very much for your reply! After 12 or so years of crawling under these cars....and me being 12 or so years older...I am just thinking out loud....less tends to be more so I may skip any type of lubrication...especially any "wet" lubes like grease...graphite is appealing to me though.....dry and slippery....thank you!
gg
JamesM
QUOTE(Flyinlow @ Nov 27 2023, 02:40 PM) *

QUOTE(NARP74 @ Nov 18 2023, 08:27 AM) *

This might sound crazy but… non stick cooking spay keeps grime and sand from accumulating on rv jacks and I’ve had good success with it WTF.gif

works well on the underside of lawn mower decks as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.