Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedal board attachment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
So dumb question of the day.
Trying to install the pedal board …….bolt that attaches to tunnel cover plate went MIA so trying to replicate it.
Threaded hole (see pic) appears to be M6 but my hardware store only shows M-6 with a 1.00 pitch……that immediately binds ….. so before I start “reprogramming “ I’d like to know if I am on wrong track.
Seems inane but trying to get it right.
Th@nks
Click to view attachment
technicalninja
I've never seen a 6mm in anything but 1.0.

If you don't have a set yet get some thread chasers

https://www.amazon.com/Thread-Chaser-Repair...vD_BwE&th=1

These just clean and "reshape" the threads. They DO NOT cut new threads as a real tap does.

I use my chasers more than my real taps and dies...

Way common for some PO to have forced a 1/4NC into the 6X1 and mess up the original threads.

I've seen 7s and 8s in two different thread pitches 1.0 and 1.25
I've seen 5s in two different pitches 0.7 and 0.8 (this is real common)
I've never seen a 6 in anything but 1.0 but other pitches could exist.

Hope this helps
NARP74
If there is not a nut fastened to the back, I don't remember, it will just need a little thread fix. It's just sheet metal, wont hold much of a thread and it easy to fix.
sixaddict
Yep …nut welded to back side.
Guess thread chaser logical answer.
Thanks

QUOTE(NARP74 @ Nov 18 2023, 02:34 PM) *

If there is not a nut fastened to the back, I don't remember, it will just need a little thread fix. It's just sheet metal, wont hold much of a thread and it easy to fix.

Al Meredith
Terry I have several plates like you are look for. See me later in the week when you stop by Al
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.