Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Stand
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
911997cs2
I am new to 914's. Sorry for some rudimentary questions.

Is there a between an engine stand for a typ1 1 vs a type 4.

If so, can some recommend one. Pulling engine our after Thanksgiving and want to line all my ducks in line before proceeding.

Fortunately, I do have a lift which I will use to lift and drop the motor.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. beerchug.gif
Nogoodwithusernames
Same mounting pattern so if you have a T1 stand you can use it. Might be worth welding some reinforcement as the fully built T4 is a bit heavier than T1.
mepstein
welcome.png
majkos1
biggrin.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
burton73
Ask Google a question like. engine stand 914world

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...367565&st=0

Best and welcome to the world

welcome.png
930cabman
welcome.png

Yes, as others have mentioned the bolt pattern is the same.

Is your lift a scissors or two post or ?
vintagethunder
Unfortunately, the guy at TheSamba who made great and very reasonable engine yokes is no longer. making them.

The internet is full of advice- this product is utter crap, don't waste your money, while others say the same thing works great. I got this yoke from LJ Aircooled engines a few months ago for $62.48, delivered in five days. It is super well built and very sturdy. I did have to buy a large carbide bit for $18 to drill holes to match those in the stand so it can be locked in place, should I ever need to.

The engine stand was a little harder to wrangle. Many yokes mention a 2 3/8" pipe size to fit most engine stands. The buzz was the newer Harbor Freight 1 ton stands would accept such a device, but when I went to buy I checked and they were 1 15/16" diameter. So just be aware. I found a used one for $50.

fiacra
I had the pleasure of meeting Juan today as he was looking for an engine lid and I had one that has just been sitting in my parts stash for a while now. It was nice to be able to pass it on to someone who actually needs it. A really nice guy, with a lot of enthusiasm for the project he has taken on, and a really interesting story. Not my story to tell, so I'll leave that for him, but I hope he'll share it and share some pictures of his car as well. I hope he'll get the help he needs from everyone on this forum, and especially from those of us in the Bay Area. He's just figuring out things, like what parts are available and where to get them, what upgrades he should make (like SS fuel lines), and what resources he can tap into. I hope he'll keep asking questions like this, and that he gets the help he needs as he puts another 914 back on the road.

@911997cs2 it's time for you to start your own "resurrection" thread. And...
welcome.png
Puebloswatcop
welcome.png Hope to hear the story and see pics soon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.