Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (F/S) Side-Shift Conversion Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
euro911
HOWARD is being sold with the original tail-shift transaxle (rebuilt by THOMAS) and all of the associated tail-shifter components, so I have this side-shift conversion kit that was earmarked for installation up for sale.

Comes with all the components needed to convert an early ('70~early '72) tail-shift car into a side-shift car (except for the outboard engine bar-to-body hardware), and for all the right reasons - WAY BETTER SHIFTING driving.gif ... laugh.gif

Engine mount bar with good rubber engine-to-bar mounts
Shift lever assembly & new boot (no knob)
Front (tunnel) shift rod (could stand to be blasted & painted), and (2) conversion firewall bushings (your choice to install)
Rear shift rod with bronze bushings and rear shift cup
Shift console cover and strap (both new)
I think I may have a new firewall coupler bellows (but haven't found it yet) dry.gif ... will include if found wink.gif

$350. for all of it - Local pick-up only, So Cal, LAX South Bay

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have (2) (never installed) THOMAS rebuilt side-shift transaxles, but they're at my place in Arizona.

I'll see if I can have my neighbor snap some pix and then I'll be able to list them for sale type.gif

Probably local pick-up in the greater Phoenix area
bdstone914
Hi Mark,

I could use this but will be out of town til Dec. 7.
May be interested in a Thomas trans deoending on price.
Bruce
euro911
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 22 2023, 08:36 PM) *
Hi Mark,

I could use this but will be out of town til Dec. 7.
May be interested in a Thomas trans deoending on price.
Bruce

We can talk when you get back, Bruce call me.gif

The pedal assembly was delivered today mueba.gif - looks great - Thanks beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.