Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Umbrella Covers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IronHillRestorations
I have relocated in East Tennessee and as a result have lost a resource for producing my 914 Umbrella Covers. Another 914 brother in our community, Mark Lindner (mlindner) told me years ago that if I ever got out of production, he’d like to take it over. This is a natural progression, as Mark is capable of sewing, a fellow 914 enthusiast, and a good guy too. So after much consideration, I’ve handed over this great product to Mark.

I created the first 914 Umbrella Cover almost thirty years ago out of necessity for my own 914, and have provided a quality product that has helped many other 914’ers. I also want to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all of you who have supported this product over the years.

Mark has already made some improvements and upgrades. Here’s a sneak peek of the newest version of the 914 Umbrella Cover! This is the best material yet. Mark is also planning on making Seevice Covers too.

Contact Mark Lindner for more information

PM here: mlindner
Email: mlindner.914@gmail.com
mate914
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Nov 25 2023, 09:50 AM) *

I have relocated in East Tennessee and as a result have lost a resource for producing my 914 Umbrella Covers. Another 914 brother in our community, Mark Lindner (mlindner) told me years ago that if I ever got out of production, he’d like to take it over. This is a natural progression, as Mark is capable of sewing, a fellow 914 enthusiast, and a good guy too. So after much consideration, I’ve handed over this great product to Mark.

I created the first 914 Umbrella Cover almost thirty years ago out of necessity for my own 914, and have provided a quality product that has helped many other 914’ers. I also want to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all of you who have supported this product over the years.

Mark has already made some improvements and upgrades. Here’s a sneak peek of the newest version of the 914 Umbrella Cover! This is the best material yet. Mark is also planning on making Seevice Covers too.

Contact Mark Lindner for more information

PM here: mlindner
Email: mlindner.914@gmail.com

Great! This is a must have product. I am on my second and will need one for the 6.
Matt flag.gif
StarBear
Yay! Have one, also. Don’t need to use it much but great to have when I do!
mb911
Very nice. I still have an original one from Perry I never used. It will be up for sale once I get pictures as my car never sits outside
Steve
Both of my cars sit indoors, but I keep it in the trunk for 914 road trips. Great for keeping our interiors dry in wet weather or keeping the sun off the interior.
live free & drive
I use one on an Alfa spider it fits OK but not perfect, but does a great job keep rain/snow out of kinda leaky seals just like one finds on the 914.

It would be another great product probably making only a few adjustment to the pattern to sell into that market. Total production from '66 - 94' was about 124,000 units. all had the same roof/roofline.

Just a thought for finding a bigger market - it is a great product.
mlindner
Thanks Perry for the opportunity to continue your 914 Umbrella product. This will be a fun trip. We have made a few upgrades to enhance both usage and overall car care. First, I have extended the rear length a little to better protect the engine area for those of us not running rain trays. Second, added gussets to all four corners for better fit. And last and most important, is the new fabric. Softouch is a marine grade polyester with high UV and mildew resistance ensures protection against harsh out door environments. While on the inside is a soft non-abrasive backing that provides superior protection to your car. I also have one from Perry and poorly stored it, so I am providing a folding sequence and zippered carrying case.Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Literati914
I've been considering making my own version for some time.. didn't want to step on anyone's feet. Good to see they're on the market again either way tho. Good luck !

PanelBilly
And how do we place an order?
ClayPerrine
Mark,

I understand that you are making new service covers as well? The current ones are great, but I have a couple of improvement suggestions for you.

1. Make it longer so it covers the whole rear trunk lid. Having sockets roll of the service cover onto the paint is a bit distressing.

2. Put magnets in the rear corners to hold it down on a windy day. I use mine when adjusting carbs or ITBs. I have to run the car, so I can't do this in the garage. But the wind seems to always want to pick up the back of the cover and blow it into the engine compartment. Or make flaps so that it can be tucked into the edge of the rear trunk lid to keep it from blowing up.

Thanks for listening.

Clay

mlindner
Hi PanelBilly, PM me (mlindner) or e-mail (mlindner.914@gmail.com. Thanks, Mark. Currently have the charcoal gray with black and a lighter silver gray to come.
mlindner
Yes, will be making the service covers. Thanks for the impute Clay. I'll take any suggestions to help improve the product. Thanks, Mark
fixer34
Is there a target price for this?
mlindner
The cost with the new fabric is $225 shipped in the CUS.
Van914
Mark,
What is the cost for their Service Covers?

Thanks
Van
mlindner
HI Van. I'm just starting the design with a softer fabric and magnets. Should have a price in a few weeks. Thanks, Mark
Montreal914
Very very nice product!

You mentioned black, gray, and charcoal a color options. Is gray or charcoal the one shown in the pictures?

Very nice fit, coverage, and carrying pouch too! smile.gif
arbitrary
QUOTE(mlindner @ Nov 26 2023, 03:05 PM) *

HI Van. I'm just starting the design with a softer fabric and magnets. Should have a price in a few weeks. Thanks, Mark

This is great news.
mlindner
Montreal914, the one's pictured are all the Charcoal gray. I will have a lighter gray/silver in the works. Best, Mark
worn
QUOTE(mlindner @ Nov 26 2023, 01:54 PM) *

Montreal914, the one's pictured are all the Charcoal gray. I will have a lighter gray/silver in the works. Best, Mark

Wow Mark. Just started making patterns to replace my interior seats etc. now if my thread tension gets messed up I know who to call. Thanks for taking this on!
Warren
914-300Hemi
These are great and already own one. wish I could have one for my 911 Targa.
ClayPerrine
When you start making the new version of the service covers, please let me know. I want one.

Thanks!
mlindner
Sounds good Clay. I'll send you the first one for you to critique. Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.