Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Trailer Rental
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
I am looking into the moving equipment needed for my upcoming relocation from the bay area to Hillsboro, OR and I am having issues locating a place to rent a car transport trailer for my 914. I had planned to rent a large moving truck from Budget along with two auto transport trailers, one for my 912 and one for my 914. However, I have determined that you cannot rent a trailer from Budget unless you are towing it with one of there trucks. Therefore, they would only rent me one truck and one trailer. That leaves me one trailer short for my 914. I then called Uhaul and inquired about renting one of there trailers and determined that it cost close to $600!! That is damn near the price of buying my own. Does anyone know of a cheaper place to rent a trailer? Does anyone have a trailer that needs to be moved from California to Oregon? Anyone want to drive my 914 up and I will pay all expenses along with a flight back? There has to be a better way!

-Britain
sjhowitson
When are you moving? I have trailer that I tow my 914 in. I am going up to Lake Oswego the middle on next month. If I could leave the trailer at your new place while I do some sales calls I could tow the 914 for you.

Steve
Porsche Rescue
I can't speak for him but I bet if asked Craig at Camp 914 would let you leave car and trailer there for as long as necessary, assuming Britain would be coming north later. Also could probably do something at my place. Trailer would have to stay in the street and car would not be under cover, but safe in my driveway until Britain arrives.
Jenny
When are you moving, and how long do you anticipate the trip to take?

Jen
Britain Smith
You guys are awesome. I am picking up the moving truck on Sunday Sept. 25th (so all the local 914 guys can help me load it up) and I am driving up to Oregon on Monday, Sept. 26th. I have a buddy of mine who is going to drive my Yukon up and my wife and 2 month old kid are going to fly up. Either I can have my 914 go up before hand in someone elses trailer or I could borrow the trailer and tow it with my Yukon. Either way, it be be awesome if someone could help out.

-Britain
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.