Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FI Parts Ultrasonic Cleaning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slapshot
Anyone know if any of these parts should NOT be cleaned in an ultrasonic cleaner? I picked up these parts to convert back to FI. I don't want to ruin any of them but need them to be in good working order.
Zuffenwerker
I would exclude the bottom photo from the bath. Also exclude the tps, and the air valve.
rudedude
I don't put anything electrical in my ultrasonic.
914sgofast2
I agree that nothing electrical should be put in the ultrasonic cleaner. All the hard parts can go in it. Also put the oil filler "chimney" assembly in the ultrasonic cleaner. You will be very surprised about the amount of crud that comes out of the oil filler baffles in the oil filler chimney assembly.
slapshot
QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Nov 29 2023, 02:03 PM) *

I agree that nothing electrical should be put in the ultrasonic cleaner. All the hard parts can go in it. Also put the oil filler "chimney" assembly in the ultrasonic cleaner. You will be very surprised about the amount of crud that comes out of the oil filler baffles in the oil filler chimney assembly.

Thanks for the tip!

My pics were very vague, they were just some I had available. Parts still in question would be

fuel pressure regulator
Aux air valve
Injectors

Thanks
914sgofast2
The Aux Air Valve has a thin, fragile heating element wire inside of the bottom of it. Unless you are going to disassemble it for repair, I would not put the entire valve into the ultrasonic cleaner.

As to a fuel pressure regulator, it has a rubber diaphragm inside of it and rubber seals. I would not put that into the ultrasonic cleaner either.

The fuel injectors are another item I would not put into the cleaner because I think they have rubber seals inside of them to seal the body parts to each other, as well as an electrical solenoid which opens and closes the pintle valve. I know some fuel injection cleaning services might put the injectors into an ultrasonic cleaner, but I would not chance it.

The ultrasonic cleaning action tends to break down the molecular bonds of petroleum based items, and many rubber seals have petrochemicals in them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.