Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear valance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Archie
Hello Group,

Forgive me. I know I've asked this before but I've ransacked the archives and can't remember the answer! My '72 was missing the rear valance when I got it and so I need to know would it have been the type with a notch or a hole? Thanks
DennisV
QUOTE(Archie @ Nov 30 2023, 09:53 PM) *

Hello Group,

Forgive me. I know I've asked this before but I've ransacked the archives and can't remember the answer! My '72 was missing the rear valance when I got it and so I need to know would it have been the type with a notch or a hole? Thanks

According to 914 Restorer's Guide to Authenticity, there was a change in January 1972 where the valance was shortened and thus the tailpipe came out a recess, rather than being surrounded. Highly recommend the book if you're doing a restoration.
Archie
QUOTE(DennisV @ Dec 13 2023, 04:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Archie @ Nov 30 2023, 09:53 PM) *

Hello Group,

According to 914 Restorer's Guide to Authenticity, there was a change in January 1972 where the valance was shortened and thus the tailpipe came out a recess, rather than being surrounded. Highly recommend the book if you're doing a restoration.

Thanks Dennis. I've asked Santa Claus!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.