Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Season’s over
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porschef
dry.gif With December’s arrival it’s pretty much a wrap for the year driving the car. Since repairing the odometer last winter I was able to see how much I drove it this year, which turned out to be just over 2k miles (2026 to be exact rolleyes.gif) Probably more than in many years past but a certain life change allowed me to drive it more.

Curious to know what others (especially in the NE) put on their cars in a typical season.

Safe driving all smile.gif driving-girl.gif beerchug.gif
campbellcj
QUOTE(Porschef @ Dec 1 2023, 04:47 AM) *

dry.gif With December’s arrival it’s pretty much a wrap for the year driving the car. Since repairing the odometer last winter I was able to see how much I drove it this year, which turned out to be just over 2k miles (2026 to be exact rolleyes.gif) Probably more than in many years past but a certain life change allowed me to drive it more.

Curious to know what others (especially in the NE) put on their cars in a typical season.

Safe driving all smile.gif driving-girl.gif beerchug.gif

Mine unfortunately only did a couple hundred miles of local twisties and no track miles this past year, and last year too. hissyfit.gif Planning for a more active 2024.
mlindner
I'm in the same boat. Just snowed last week so car is in the garage ready to drain oil and winter service. My speedo does not work but I do add up the miles and am averaging 4,000 each year. Best, MarkClick to view attachment
StarBear
Did only about 1200 this year; chased bad AFM, high idle, and over rich condition much of the season but now ok. No racing (ever) and had to take Camry to the NE Gathering. A last (?) drive this Saturday to help @NJ914 , then maybe a few local bouts before prepping and covering for the winter.
GregAmy
We have a saying in racing: "never add up the costs". You made me violate that philosophy through curiosity.

2023 - 255 miles (chasing my crankshaft hub problem)
2022 - 406 (get off yer duff and drive, dude)
2021 - 1923 (typical)
2020 - 3014 (I NEED TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!!)
2019 - 1708
2018 - 1422
2017 - 1878
2016 - 1087

Sigh...
dt4
10 miles this year, to a very local show and back
Olympic 914
Put on 3004, trouble free miles. piratenanner.gif

1350 of that was to Okteenerfest and back.

SirAndy
sad.gif
Geezer914
I average around 3000 miles per year.
fixer34
Chicago area. Feb 19, 2017 to May 27, 2023. Exactly 1000 miles.
Added another hundred or so since then.

Probably the saddest part is that the car was 'ready to go' for all of that 6 years except maybe 6 months total.
Root_Werks
I doubt a 1,000 miles in 2023. Did well to take the 914 out weekly during the summer. Already back to monthly due to weather. Not many places to go on the island. Still looking to sell our place and move back to the mainland. I'll get more use out of all my toys again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.