Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S Koni Strut Insert
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
6er
The Koni strut insert for the Porsche 914 is a low pressure gas twin tube design that is externally adjustable for rebound. Koni's unique rebound adjustment allows you to fine tune your cars suspension for comfort and performance.

Koni 8641-1077 Sport

Fits - Porsche 914/914-6 1970-1976

Set for $75 SOLD

Click to view attachment
6er
Koni 8641-1077 Sport

Fits - Porsche 914/914-6 1970-1976
technicalninja
I'll take those depending on how they stroke.
If smooth for full range I'm in.
If they have free spots or tight spots I'm out.
Koni warranties the shocks for lifetime to the original owner only.
If they are bad and you bought them originally you can send them back to Koni for a free rebuild.

because of this warranty I'm expecting to buy new ones but wouldn't pass up a set of decent used ones for this price.

Let me know condition.

As long as they are usable as they sit, I'll buy them

Rick
6er

technicalninja passed on them because I no longer use PayPal, too costly, any credit debit or credit card accepted.
technicalninja
I advised I would pay the Paypal fee on my end.

Wouldn't have cost him anything...

Brand new guy who wants my credit card number and then reports "mis-information" to my peers.

6er
Kind of interesting that his shop accepts credit cards but other can't, always looking for better understanding of things, sometimes it's just mystery
rhodyguy
Use a postal money order. Then you keep your data private.
6er
Not new to the forum, started as member in 2017, looks like Rick is still working things out.
Thanks rhodyguy for the idea, some just don't know how things work, the recipient of funds for online sales never see the buyers information, a little knowledge goes along way.
Thanks for the exchange of info
Montreal914
Trying to figure out if these would fit in 911 Boge struts pin type with 3" caliper (my 5 lug setup). I thought the Boge 3" struts were the same 911 and 914-6 but when I search this Koni number, it doesn't seem to relate to any 911 cars, only 914. confused24.gif

Interested in the inserts, left a pm.
technicalninja
QUOTE(6er @ Dec 8 2023, 06:43 PM) *

Kind of interesting that his shop accepts credit cards but other can't, always looking for better understanding of things, sometimes it's just mystery
QUOTE(6er @ Dec 8 2023, 06:53 PM) *

Not new to the forum, started as member in 2017, looks like Rick is still working things out.
Thanks rhodyguy for the idea, some just don't know how things work, the recipient of funds for online sales never see the buyers information, a little knowledge goes along way.
Thanks for the exchange of info

I do understand how things work...

I would NEVER mix my own personal stuff in with the shop's stuff.
If I was selling a used part, I'd accept Paypal but I would expect the buyer to pay the charges, just as I always do.
If they wanted to use a credit card directly it would create extra paperwork that is not a standard business practice for me. I would decline the sale.

I use Square in my business. I have been happily surprised at their performance as a CC processor, but they still cost me 3% which is very close to the PP fees.
As I have had repair invoices exceed 6k the customer is charged exactly what Square charges me.
All of my customers pay to use a CC.
I don't believe in hidden BS.
I don't charge shop supplies or environmental fees either...
One of my customers owns a CC processing company and even he advised Square kicks his ass below $400K a year in transactions.

Bottom line, I offered a reasonable method of payment and offered to pay the toll...

He couldn't or wouldn't accept which is fine.

He then posted a reason that the deal couldn't be completed that was false.

Now he's casting aspersions on my understanding regarding this...

Scammers want your CC info. For me to take a CC over the phone I have to have all of their info on the card and their zip code. I could charge them anything I wanted at that point. I could sell that information...

I'm planning on buying new Konis for the warranty basis alone. On the Tire Racks website (cheapest right now) I would not worry about using a CC.

These were cheap enough that I was tempted.

Guy might be fine!

Surprisingly low number of posts in 6 years.

I will pass however...

Had he not made a post as to why I passed on this set (in error) I would not have posted again in this thread.

I'm out!

6er
The issue I have with people posting that they'll take an item and then don't and then still shows that the items are still available creates a concern as to why the sale doesn't go thru with other buyers.

Maybe do a PM first, so people will not have to explain as to why no sale

That's funny is I use Square also and that's the invoice I would have sent. If you had checked my activity you would see many more than the 7, 914 World tracks posts differently than other forums.
technicalninja
I did as you suggested...

I have been wrong in the past and I know I will be wrong in the future.

I am as human as the next guy.

I TRY to see the other side of the argument if possible...

You do have multiple posts, looks like you're at right about 50 now.

7 in the post counting forums. These are the discussion forums where we argue, help, and experience projects we would all like to be a part of.
It's where being a "member" counts...

43 in the "for sale" forums which do not add to your post count.

The weird thing was...
Those 7 posts that actually count were "post whore" posts where a new poster says "Cool car" or some other 5 second blurb which adds NOTHING to the conversation or the post.

You see this shit all the time on other Forums that have a minimum post requirement before any "for sale" adds.

Your posts in the main forums are as follows:
Strangely only 6 "real" posts show up in your history.

Interesting for mine
lots of info
Nice info
new know what you will find
it'll be worth it when your done
Nice Cars, nice touchs

The spelling and grammar are all yours; some of it sounds strange to me. You sounded "American- standard" on the phone.

25 words TOTAL!
You haven't had a single conversation!
With anyone...
I've had 10 in the last week, probably typed 2K+ words trying to help folks and learn myself.

Go ahead and check my profile out...

You got into a small spat with 914Sixer, and Bob appeared to be pissed about the injectors.

You add NOTHING to this forum except your for sale adds.

You're using the forum as your personal "Craigslist" to get rid of parts.

That's OK in my book. We would rather see what you have than not.

What you should have done is wait a day and tomorrow post "Still available" which would bump the add and you would not have prodded me to the point of looking closely at you.

No engagement in the main forums, quick to argue, and something about him has raised the hackles of others...

Personally, I will avoid this seller in the future.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.