Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what do 96MM get me?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
Ok so If you do a top end and go stock 2.0L to 2056 with 8.0 - 1 comp.

What is change in Torque? change in HP?

What does $350 buy me?
Mark Henry
about 80cc smile.gif
nebreitling
unless you compete in the car and you're worried about what class it'll land you in, you should definitely spring for the extra displacement. it's a no brainer...

i assume this is with the stock cam and d-jet? you'll want to enrich the mixture for displacement. i'd go for 8.5:1 compression, doubt the cam would want much more, but it's worth a couple hp over 8:1, prolly.... total gain of about 5-10 hp if you do it right.

have fun.
URY914
96's are part of "... the complete package". biggrin.gif
Jake Raby
Its all in the combo!

(and the parts used to attain "The combo") huh.gif
Crazyhippy
A lighter wallet, and lighter is faster mueba.gif
smg914
It'll add balls to your package.
qa1142
icon_bump.gif

Seriously what do you get vs. just new rings on the 94MM?

10 ft # of torque

5-10 HP with totally stock set-up?

Why not just go with Euro 94's?

idea.gif
Joe Ricard
I think the question of Do I wanna stay in Stock class or Street Mod.
96's put you in street mod. Period.....
Euro 94's will not bump you in class. HP difference will not make you any faster unless you are running consistently within .10 seconds in all your runs.
Now going all out and as Jake pointed out 96's the right cam the proper head work, Exhaust and induction Yea you'll notice a difference. Numbers are hard to nail down. Ball park it will be little more stronger. wink.gif

If you don't race then Really why bother. Do you really hold you car wide open for more than 20 seconds? Only if you want a ticket. aktion035.gif
ChrisFoley
With no other changes figure about a 4% increase in torque/hp. Without doing a top end rebuild you can pick up about 10% by replacing the stock exhaust with one of my Tangerine Evo Header Systems. smile.gif
If you are competing in a restricted class my exhaust is the biggest improvement you can make.
qa1142
Thanks Joe

that is probably the answer i was looking for

Re-ring, clean-up heads

pull 1.8 and drop her in in week or two driving.gif
rhodyguy
why would you tell the person that asked you about mods at the ax that you switched to 96mm pistons? i can't think of anyone that fesses up to ALL the mods done to their cars.

k
qa1142
Its' personnal - I just don't lie. even little white lies SUCK

I won't cheat.

Ok, sorry, off my soap box beerchug.gif
Brando
You don't have to tell anyone what you've done when you're classifying your own car. That's why they developed the 'points' system. So you don't have to disclose what you've done. But if you're an honest person, you'll add the correct number of points smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.